Welcome to MGO's Internet Discussion Forums…Please Consider Becoming a Dues-Paying Member of the ORG…Click >>>>>HERE<<<<< for more info…………****DONATIONS**** can also be made toward MGO's Legal Defense Fund and/or MGO's Forums >>>>>HERE<<<<<

KROGER

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    I am a Forum User
    I've actually been wearing a Nexbelt edc for over a year. Love it ! Too bad comments aren't limited to questions and actual experience.

Quote Originally Posted by Tom S. View Post
    I just got two of the Kore belts and really like their ability to adjust in small increments. I went with the nylon material and two different style buckles. A little pricey (though there was a discount for the second belt), but quality products are often like that.
    Here's an update on these belts. I ordered them in different colors, one kind of brown/tan and the other black. Last week, while doing some strenuous work, I became very sweaty. I was really pissed to find out the die from the black belt I was wearing with tan pants leached on to the pants. I was able to get most of it out by scrubbing with prewash, but some still remains. For the price of these belts, that shouldn't be happening. Keep that in mind if considering this brand.
    Lighten up Francis.

I am a Forum User
    Have been wearing a Nexbelt belt for quite a while, shortly after they came out. The buckle and ratcheting system still work great and show no sign of wear on the important parts, but the strap it's self cracked in the back. Still held by the nylon, but feels odd when it flexes in the back. Have moved to the Kore belts and bought 1 buckle and 2 straps. So far I like the Nexbelt better, as the magnetic buckle felt like it held better then the spring buckle the Kore uses, and the strap felt like it was better finished. I have had to use heat to re-form the sharp edges on the top of the Kore belt so they didn't feel like they were sawing at my side all day.

I do carry a full size gun AIWB, so all pressure is right at the buckle and have never had an issue carrying with these type of belts while doing pretty much anything. Mowing, gardening, riding my bicycle, hiking, or driving for long distances.

I am a Forum User
    I’ve only skimmed through the reply’s but I’d recommend my Hanks Belts Old World Harness Leather Gun Belt to anybody. I’ve been wearing it for about a year and it’s holding up great. The leather is sturdy and doesn’t flex or sag.

Bumping this old thread to show an interesting concept in belt design: https://www.doublealpha.biz/us/daa-lynx-belt

I'm seriously thinking about buying one of these.
    Lighten up Francis.

I am a Forum User
    Bumping this old thread to show an interesting concept in belt design: https://www.doublealpha.biz/us/daa-lynx-belt

Hope your holsters are all DAA (or you check compatibility before ordering).

"The DAA Lynx Belt was designed and developed for the DAA holsters and pouches. it may not be possible to use other brands of holsters and pouches on this belt. We have not tested all other brands."

Looking back at your old post, I haven't had any issues with my Kore Essentials belts like you did. I have the black tactical belt with the X5 buckle and the black leather belt with the X1 buckle. Super impressed thus far.

I am a Forum User

This isn't designed as a primary belt, just a gear belt you wear over an inner belt, something you do a lot in competition. Not really in the EDC realm by design.

Quote Originally Posted by Scoop View Post
    Looking back at your old post, I haven't had any issues with my Kore Essentials belts like you did. I have the black tactical belt with the X5 buckle and the black leather belt with the X1 buckle. Super impressed thus far.
    I've got the same two Kore belts. The leather one is less stiff than the tactical version, so a bit more comfortable, but still seems to have plenty of support. I use the tactical belt more often, since I usually dress casual. Both have adequate support for OWB carry of my larger guns (Beretta 92/96, Sig P320, Colt 1911 Commander). Only thing I've noticed is that on one of the belt's buckles the spring for the latch that engages the teeth in belt seems weak. Once latched in-place with tension it stays put, but if belt is loose or I'm adjusting it doesn't maintain strong pressure to keep latch in engaged position. Haven't really gotten either belt wet yet, so no experience on the dye bleeding.

I am a Forum User
    bjmusico, if the are less than a year old, the are covered under warranty.

Quote Originally Posted by Scoop View Post
    bjmusico, if the are less than a year old, the are covered under warranty.
    Thanks for the reminder! I don't think it's older than a year yet, but might be close. I need to take a closer look at the buckle and see if I can service it myself, if out of warranty.
    I'm guessing I can probably get a new spring from Kore.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast