Welcome to MGO's Internet Discussion Forums…Please Consider Becoming a Dues-Paying Member of the ORG…Click >>>>>HERE<<<<< for more info…………****DONATIONS**** can also be made toward MGO's Legal Defense Fund and/or MGO's Forums >>>>>HERE<<<<<

KROGER

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by JohnJak View Post
    Please no excuse for not posting up pics. Zip tie tech does not work with belts. Major fail.

Have a happy Sunday everyone.

I am a Forum User
    Have you had a failure with one of these or pure speculation ? I have one with no signsnof wear as an edc. Reminds me of comments on the first polymer handguns.

I am a Forum User
    I wear a Kore belt every day. I told my brother about it and he’s since purchased a couple. I’ll never go back to the coarse adjustment you get with a traditional belt.

I am a Forum User
    Nice to see feedback from someone else that has used the op's product.

Quote Originally Posted by Fuel Fire Desire View Post
    I’m very leery of the new zip tie belts. I’m one to really crank down on the pressure, especially when I’m carrying a full size all steel gun. I’d be worried about the plastic teeth stripping, or the mechanism slipping/ breaking when I bend over and really stress it.

I’ve been using the same Aker leather CCW belt for about 7 years now. It has a poly liner to make it rigid, but it still looks like a casual dress belt. Heavy solid brass hardware, and a snap-loop end so you can change the belt buckle (I prefer western style buckles). I have one hole I use for going gunless or OWB, and the next looser hole for IWB days. Works perfect. It’s the only belt I wear anymore (aside from uniform days), still looking good and holding up great. Around $45.

A couple years ago I got a bunch of those from 5.11 they made them that style for something like 2 bucks each. I gave one to my dad, I blew out two of the poly inner linners, leather held up but liner blew out at the belt notches in about 1 years time each belt.

Down to my last good one.

I think original MSRP was not low enough if i bought it from 5.11 to blow out in a year.

I would expect them to last 6-7-8 years like other good belts.

Im going to step it up on next belt purchase, go more top shelf.

Quote Originally Posted by dirtmcgirt76239 View Post
    A couple years ago I got a bunch of those from 5.11 they made them that style for something like 2 bucks each. I gave one to my dad, I blew out two of the poly inner linners, leather held up but liner blew out at the belt notches in about 1 years time each belt.

Down to my last good one.

I think original MSRP was not low enough if i bought it from 5.11 to blow out in a year.

I would expect them to last 6-7-8 years like other good belts.

Im going to step it up on next belt purchase, go more top shelf.
    Mine in particular doesn’t have a liner by the holes. It stops about an inch shy of the first hole, and then continues to about an inch shy of the snaps on the end. At first I was disappointed, but after years of use I can see how having a liner in that area would be an issue.

Awesome what does he think?

I am a Forum User
    If you have doubts about durability, some of the companies selling this type of belt have lifetime guarantees. I'm not surprised there are differences in quality between brands. I haven't worn one of my Wilderness belts since I picked one up at Cabelas.

How many pounds of pressure will it handle before stripping it's teeth.
    Teachers leave them kids alone
    Hey! teacher! leave us kids alone!

I am a Forum User
    Don't know and don't care enough to look it up. I can tighten more than is comfortable. Mine works for me, holds my gut and gun up. Shows no signs of wear. Not asking for more than that. Not planning on towing a car or rapelling with it, if I need to do that I will break the Wilderness Trainer back out.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast