Welcome to MGO's Internet Discussion Forums…Please Consider Becoming a Dues-Paying Member of the ORG…Click >>>>>HERE<<<<< for more info…………****DONATIONS**** can also be made toward MGO's Legal Defense Fund and/or MGO's Forums >>>>>HERE<<<<<

KROGER

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    I am a Forum User
    SGAmmo.com has SV for about $240/cs5000 right now. I'm thinking of getting one.

"Bulk ammo" and "accuracy" should not be used in the same sentence. It comes off as an oxymoron, just like "jumbo shrimp" or "military intelligence".

The real name of the game here is consistency. If you are just "plinking" and can accept missing a golf ball at 25 yards, because of the ammo, well that is what the stuff is made for. If you are looking to pith the 0.1745 in of an A17 10 ring at 50 feet, you will need ammo with a better consistency than "bulk".

Also, for all of you that want to use "high velocity" for anything past 50 yards or so, you are going to have problems with the turbulence of dropping back down through the sound barrier, and the instability that causes. You have to use STD velocity for any kind of "distance" shooting.

Life Member, NRA, Lapeer County Sportsmen's Club Disclaimer: I Am Not A Lawyer. Opinions expressed are not representative of any organization to which I may belong, and are solely mine. Any natural person or legal entity reading this post accepts all responsibility for any actions undertaken by that person or entity, based upon what they perceived was contained in this post, and shall hold harmless this poster, his antecedents, and descendants, in perpetuity.

I am a Forum User
    RBer, everybody knows that .22s are just for kids and weak people that can't handle a real gun... (except for those of us that have a good .22s and know what they can do and how much fun they are to shoot little bitty groups with.)
    Last edited by JohnS624; 05-07-2019 at 04:27 PM.

I am a Forum User
    Quote Originally Posted by LMK View Post
    What is the most accurate and reliable 22 LR Bulk ammo , low cost ammo for Pistols?

CCI, Federal , Remington Armscor , others ??
    As mentioned it can depend on the gun to some extent. It can also depend on the specific .22 product under a brand name (some brand names have many products from cheap to expensive under the brand).

I shoot a LOT of .22 pistol & .22 rifle and for MOST of my .22's the CCI standard velocity seem to shoot the best for the cheap stuff at under 50 yards. (we are talking <5 cents a round here). Over 50 yards I have found better but not cheaper.

Even with the CCI standard I can get decent & rather poor batches. It seems that the current produced batches of CCI standard have more ES & SD than some of the older CCI standard velocity that I stashed away long ago. (since the .22 shortage CCI must have dropped their standards a little to meet current production demand).

Now, I'm not saying that the CCI sv is the best or most accurate .22 ammo but to me it is the most accurate of the cheap (under 6 cents a round) .22 ammo.

I am just not going to shoot $0.25 to $0.35+ per round up-level ammo in a moderate quality .22 rifle, or a most of my .22 pistols.

I am a Forum User
    Quote Originally Posted by slingshot77 View Post
    .....Even with the CCI standard I can get decent & rather poor batches. It seems that the current produced batches of CCI standard have more ES & SD than some of the older CCI standard velocity that I stashed away long ago. (since the .22 shortage CCI must have dropped their standards a little to meet current production demand).....
    In August 2017, Vista Outdoors opened an entirely new rimfire ammunition production facility in Lewiston to produce both CCI and Federal branded rimfire ammunition. The new facility has some different processes (specifically priming) and a lot of different machinery. It is not clear whether the old CCI rimfire ammunition facility is still running, but it was for at least several months after the new facility was inaugurated.

Am interested to know whether the CCI SV made at the new facility is better or worse than that made at the old Lewiston facility.

Am interested to know whether the CCI SV made at the new facility is better or worse than that made at the old Lewiston facility.

My understanding is quality is pretty much the same, the difference is in the speed/capacity the new plant produces rim fire ammo. Again, just my understanding
    "Saepe errans, numquam dubitans --Frequently in error, never in doubt".

The trouble with the Internet is that it's replacing masturbation as a leisure activity. ~Patrick Murray

Back when Dunham's had CCI BLAZER for 2/$30. That was my go to brand /Place to buy. Just recently had a chance to buy some for the first time in years. I passed because I have more than enough of 22's. But it is good ammo & it was cool to see it back on the shelves again.

I'm just a plinker for the most part, pistols & rifles. Was not a big deal to get a small percentage of duds out of a brick.
    ΥΣΜΧ SEMPER FIDELIS !

LIFE MEMBER OF THE WORLD'S LARGEST FRATERNITY

71 AND COUNTING

I am a Forum User
    Quote Originally Posted by 10x25mm View Post

My new case will be here on Tuesday. I'll let you know how it shoots. The "old stuff" I currently have shoots about .75" at 50yds in my CZ 457 Varmint.

I am a Forum User
    I’ve had best luck with cci. Standard velocity for just plinking and fun, then stingers for hunting.

To answer the original question: I think that Federal Automatch is the best and most accurate "bulk" ammo.

I do agree that CCI SV is a cut above, but it costs more and is not bulk packed.
    MGO Life Member, NRA Life Patron Member, CCRC Life Member, GOA Life Member

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast