Welcome to MGO's Internet Discussion Forums…Please Consider Becoming a Dues-Paying Member of the ORG…Click >>>>>HERE<<<<< for more info…………****DONATIONS**** can also be made toward MGO's Legal Defense Fund and/or MGO's Forums >>>>>HERE<<<<<

Firearms Legal Protection

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456
    MGO Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Coctailer View Post
    I will die from being shot in the back while staring into my safe. :-p
    LOL!

I am a Forum User
    An electromagnetic pulse - natural or man made - should be at the top of the list of bugout events. People will have to move to potable water because it will take weeks to restore even the most basic services.

I am a Forum User
    What are you going to do if there is a tornado heading toward your house?
    Shoot it?

Seems like many people think that they get to CHOOSE whether they bug out or not.

The thread is "What guns do you grab when you are bugging out?"

So, nothing imaginable will ever make you abandon your home? Will you force the wife and kids to stay home and die?

People abandon their homes all the time to keep from dying. Just because you don't think it will happen to YOU doesn't mean it never will.
    Honestly, if I'm leaving the house for a local/regional disaster (a tornado is going to level my home or some other crazy thing is going to happen to destroy my city and I have a day or two's notice) then I'm not really thinking about guns. I'm grabbing my envelope of emergency cash and packing up as much clothing and other supplies as I can and hitting the road There's a good chance all I'm taking is my usual carry gun, and I'm not even taking that if my plan is to evacuate to Chicago or somewhere else where it isn't welcome.

Now if the reason I'm evacuating is that there's been some sort of serious breakdown in society and people are openly murdering each other on the streets I'll be thinking about how to protect my family on the way out of town. That means the full-size handgun and AR no matter where I'm headed.

I am a Forum User
    What are you going to do if there is a tornado heading toward your house?
    First, I'm not really concerned because I don't live in a mobile home.
    Second, you usually only have a few moments notice, so I'm grabbing cash and jumping in the car. You don't have time to make choices. Like a few others have mentioned, if you have time, guns would be down the list of what to take.

Legal Forum Contributor / Super Moderator SteveS's Avatar
    Wow, that went poorly...Closed.

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456