Welcome to MGO's Internet Discussion Forums…Please Consider Becoming a Dues-Paying Member of the ORG…Click >>>>>HERE<<<<< for more info…………****DONATIONS**** can also be made toward MGO's Legal Defense Fund and/or MGO's Forums >>>>>HERE<<<<<

Firearms Legal Protection

I am a Forum User

3 hour CPL Renewal training near Romeo

Hi, any suggestions?

MGO Member Forum User
    Unless they changed the law.... you don't need it.....
    Now.. I haven't been as active following as I used to, but... the law used to say review and then range time within the last 6 months.(IIRC)

EDIT
    I went and looked
    #8 on the MSP renewal home page:

8. The applicant shall sign the statement on the application certifying that he or she has completed at least three hours of review of the required training
    and has had at least one hour of firing range time in the six months immediately preceding the renewal application.

Nothing says the "review" has to be a paid for class.
    Use the MSP website for changes and your original materials to review and you are good.
    Last edited by LivoniaDan; 05-07-2019 at 03:53 PM.

I am a Forum User
    Not needed...I'm sure there are people who will take your money, though.

The actual law:
    MCL 28-425l

(9) The educational requirements under section 5b(7)(c) for an applicant who is applying for a renewal of a license under this act are waived except that the applicant shall certify that he or she has completed at least 3 hours' review of the training described under section 5b(7)(c) and has had at least 1 hour of firing range time in the 6 months immediately preceding the subsequent application. The educational and firing range requirements of this subsection are met if the applicant certifies on the renewal application form that he or she has complied with the requirements of this subsection. An applicant is not required to verify the statements made under this subsection and is not required to obtain a certificate or undergo training other than as required by this subsection.
    Note:
    You need to "review" the "training" material, and you must spend 1 hour on a firing range.
    Also note:
    You are not required to verify that you have done it, you also don't need any form of a certificate, and there is no round count or proficiency requirement. They don't even have a requirement to have a gun.

Gather up your training literature, and a copy of the current laws. Spend an hour at the range reading the material, and two more hours at the local coffee shop reading the rest. You have fulfilled the letter of the requirements.

Life Member, NRA, Lapeer County Sportsmen's Club Disclaimer: I Am Not A Lawyer. Opinions expressed are not representative of any organization to which I may belong, and are solely mine. Any natural person or legal entity reading this post accepts all responsibility for any actions undertaken by that person or entity, based upon what they perceived was contained in this post, and shall hold harmless this poster, his antecedents, and descendants, in perpetuity.