Welcome to MGO's Internet Discussion Forums…Please Consider Becoming a Dues-Paying Member of the ORG…Click >>>>>HERE<<<<< for more info…………****DONATIONS**** can also be made toward MGO's Legal Defense Fund and/or MGO's Forums >>>>>HERE<<<<<

KROGER

MGO Member

The magic number is twelve.

Interesting article suggesting that a minimum of 12 rounds should be available in your carry gun. Interesting argument.

https://www.gunsamerica.com/digest/h...eed-carry-gun/
    You have been infected by the Amish Virus. Since the Amish have neither electricity nor computers, you are on the honor system. Please format your hard drive. Thank you

I am a Forum User
    Interesting argument, but he's talking about a novice cop. Armed citizens have a much higher hit rate than cops, are usually in closer proximity and less rounds are fired.

It is an interesting article and I'm not knocking it. The one point it does illustrate very well but doesn't jump out and state it, is that simply have a gun is one tool. There are other tools people should be aware of how to use, and train with. That being fists, legs, elbows, knives, etc. Krav Maga is a great place to start with that, especially a place that incorporates weapons drills.

Quote Originally Posted by GreaseMonkeySRT View Post
    Interesting argument, but he's talking about a novice cop. Armed citizens have a much higher hit rate than cops, are usually in closer proximity and less rounds are fired.

It is an interesting article and I'm not knocking it. The one point it does illustrate very well but doesn't jump out and state it, is that simply have a gun is one tool. There are other tools people should be aware of how to use, and train with. That being fists, legs, elbows, knives, etc. Krav Maga is a great place to start with that, especially a place that incorporates weapons drills.
    His arguement is some sound with the numbers.

What's you citizen number, and or one John doe, one avid shooter.

I would probably agree avid shooter with a 1911, sign p220 etc is going to be fine.

But hr framed the discussion well, there is a sweet spot with everything. I don't always want a sign p228 with 18+1 Rd mag on my hip.

Probably be fine with 7 .380 kahr or lcp.

MGO Member
    Aim small miss small.

I am a Forum User
    Aiming small under stress is a little different to aiming small shooting that ugly zombie printed on a piece of paper. The "need" to act quickly, the need to fire first and a whole host of other "needs" come into play and affect your performance.

Aim small, miss small is a nice training mantra... It doesn't automatically transfer to real life situations...

Quote Originally Posted by coobie View Post
    Aim small miss small.
    There still must exist a mathematical/statistical sweet spot.

Thats a nice sorta saying like give 110 percent, never give up, never say never, you miss a 100 percent of the shots you dont take.

-Dirtmcgirt