Welcome to MGO's Internet Discussion Forums…Please Consider Becoming a Dues-Paying Member of the ORG…Click >>>>>HERE<<<<< for more info…………****DONATIONS**** can also be made toward MGO's Legal Defense Fund and/or MGO's Forums >>>>>HERE<<<<<

Firearms Legal Protection

Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast
    I am a Forum User

Neighbors of range harassing you while shooting

So the person next door to my range complains whenever someone shoots because he works 7:30 to 7:30, I'll go shoot around 230 and before the first mag is through he'll cuss you out. He moved to the house relatively recently compared to the time the range has been up prolly 15 years, he says it used to be a muzzle loader only range then so he was fine with it. Apparently the range chairmen and members have been having trouble with the guy coming onto the property harassing shooters for quite some time (also happened to me). We've been told to keep shooting if he's yelling but if he starts trespassing leave and go home, the next time he trespasses we are told to call the cops and he will be prosecuted to the fullest extent to recoup our money spent fighting in court and legal fees. The only thing is I hate arguing and drama, Im more of a flight person, this man is screaming and I naturally don't want to cause confrontation by shooting even more, we have a state trooper that's handling any trouble. What would you guys do in this case? I haven't gone shooting in a month and I'm past getting itchy

I am a Forum User
    Quote Originally Posted by Bingo9991 View Post
    So the person next door to my range complains whenever someone shoots because he works 7:30 to 7:30, I'll go shoot around 230 and before the first mag is through he'll cuss you out. He moved to the house relatively recently compared to the time the range has been up prolly 15 years, he says it used to be a muzzle loader only range then so he was fine with it. Apparently the range chairmen and members have been having trouble with the guy coming onto the property harassing shooters for quite some time (also happened to me). We've been told to keep shooting if he's yelling but if he starts trespassing leave and go home, the next time he trespasses we are told to call the cops and he will be prosecuted to the fullest extent to recoup our money spent fighting in court and legal fees. The only thing is I hate arguing and drama, Im more of a flight person, this man is screaming and I naturally don't want to cause confrontation by shooting even more, we have a state trooper that's handling any trouble. What would you guys do in this case? I haven't gone shooting in a month and I'm past getting itchy
    Keep shooting while keeping tabs on where he is. Eventually he will try to step in front of you forcing you to quit. Thats when you call the cops and explain that a man is trying to commit suicide and you are concerned for his safety. Few days on a psych hold will do him some good.

I am a Forum User
    Does your cell phone capture video?

Quote Originally Posted by TylerV76 View Post
    Keep shooting while keeping tabs on where he is. Eventually he will try to step in front of you forcing you to quit. Thats when you call the cops and explain that a man is trying to commit suicide and you are concerned for his safety. Few days on a psych hold will do him some good.
    Life is too serious to take too seriously.
    DISCLAIMER: The opinions expressed in my posts are my own and do not necessarily reflect the opinions, views, or official policies of Michigan Gun Owners.

NRA Certified Range Safety Officer
    Celebrate Recovery! Member & Group Coach

I am a Forum User
    Quote Originally Posted by 10x25mm View Post
    Does your cell phone capture video?
    Yes sir, I thought of leaning my phone up and recording the whole time I'm at the range

I am a Forum User
    The next issue with a clown like this is damage to the range facilities. Someone took a sledge hammer to the nice new (privately funded) concrete range benches at the DNR Echo Point range just outside of Allegan. Still pissed about this, even though I don't shoot there much.

I am a Forum User
    The thing is I was there with my little bro and now he doesn't want to shoot with me ��

Record everything both audio and video. Although recording by phone is obvious perhaps use a cheap covert recorder available on Amazon.

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B075PFGT15...detail_4?psc=1

SW of Grand Rapids, surrounded by chickens, Detroit some weekends.
    The thing is I was there with my little bro and now he doesn't want to shoot with me ��
    Explain to him that some people are just stupid and you won’t be able to change that-but he shouldn’t let it keep him from doing something he likes-that there is absolutely nothing wrong with doing.
    “Cui prodest?” Lucius Annaeus Seneca

I am a Forum User
    Turn the next incident into a lesson on tactics for your little brother. Have him circle behind the clown with his cell phone capturing video. Not do anything threatening, just get behind him and video him. Your little brother will also get to observe a little field psychology first hand.

Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast