Welcome to MGO's Internet Discussion Forums…Please Consider Becoming a Dues-Paying Member of the ORG…Click >>>>>HERE<<<<< for more info…………****DONATIONS**** can also be made toward MGO's Legal Defense Fund and/or MGO's Forums >>>>>HERE<<<<<

KROGER

I am a Forum User

Trump Signs Bill to Fund State-Level Gun Range Expansion

President Trump Signs Bill to Fund State-Level Gun Range Expansion

By AWR Hawkins
    Breitbart
    May 13th. 2019

President Trump signed legislation Friday to created broader access to funding for state-level gun range expansion and improvement. The legislation is titled Target Practice and Marksmanship Training Support Act, but is known more simply as the Range Bill. It deals with Pittman-Robinson funds, which have been compounding from ammo and gun manufacturing excise tax revenues since 1937.

The National Shooting Sports Foundation (NSSF) Larry Keane notes that the Range Bill “give the states more flexibility in how they can use their Pittman Robertson allocation to pay for the construction of new ranges and expansion or improvements to existing ones.”

Keane summed up the overall benefits of the legislation:

If a state wildlife agency decides to build a new recreational shooting range that cost $1 million, the state would only need to apply $100,000 of state funds to access the remaining $900,000 from Pittman-Robertson funds, instead of the $250,000 down payment currently required. It would also give states up to five years to use those funds, which is crucial when navigating the approvals for acquiring lands, permits and approvals for projects.

The NSSF estimates an expansion in gun range funding will result in an expansion of ammo and firearm demand for those ranges, which means more money will end up in the Pittman-Robinson funds as ammo and firearm makers pay the excise tax on their products. The great news is that the Pittman-Robinson funds “are the funds that drive wildlife restoration and conservation programs,” so as they grow so too does conservation.

The Range Bill has been pushed unsuccessfully for over a decade.

I am a Forum User
    Devils in the details. Waiting for Michigan to rationalize using those funds to "fix the damn roads leading to the ranges as well as the roads leading to those roads " as an improvement to the range itself. And then of course to shuffle the money somewhere else entirely.

ETA: Well hell, that was too cynical. Ain't Trumps fault Michigan can't be trusted. MAGA!
    Last edited by kbdm; 05-14-2019 at 09:46 AM.

I am a Forum User
    Quote Originally Posted by kbdm View Post
    Devils in the details. Waiting for Michigan to rationalize using those funds to "fix the damn roads leading to the ranges as well as the roads leading to those roads " as an improvement to the range itself. And then of course to shuffle the money somewhere else entirely.
    This made me laugh and then how true it likely is made me sad.

I am a Forum User
    Wait a minute, I have been reading this forum since President Trump was elected and I KNOW how "Anti-Gun" he is.
    He even made bumpstocks illegal.

Obama was the saviour for gun owners and the industry.