Welcome to MGO's Internet Discussion Forums…Please Consider Becoming a Dues-Paying Member of the ORG…Click >>>>>HERE<<<<< for more info…………****DONATIONS**** can also be made toward MGO's Legal Defense Fund and/or MGO's Forums >>>>>HERE<<<<<

KROGER

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    I am a Forum User

ultrasonic cleaning fluid

Thinking about getting a ultrasonic cleaner.

What fluid do you recommend for cleaning gun parts, barrels, springs, cylinders?

I am a Forum User
    The one and only Simple Green. Tried everything else and nothing works better and costs less.

Quote Originally Posted by Danco411 View Post
    The one and only Simple Green. Tried everything else and nothing works better and costs less.
    Heads up on off brand simple green, some are about 4-5 times more volume for the same price. Simple green got really expensive the last ten years.

I am a Forum User
    LA's Totally Awesome Orange. Dollar Tree.

Whatever fluid you use, just make to sure to pay attention or do some research before use. Different fluids require different levels of water dilution, and even then some don't play nice with certain polymers or metals. Simple green is pretty safe on most things but again, an ounce of prevention can prevent an pound of problems.
    happy_gunner
    Proud Veteran & American
    In God We Trust

MGO Member
    Will any of these cleaners hurt Glock night sights? And can you put the whole gun in the machine?

I am a Forum User
    biodegradable water based cleaners should be safe to toss a whole gun inside but not sure why you'd really ever do that. Glocks don't even need to be that clean to basically run forever.

MGO Member
    https://www.midwayusa.com/product/11...aning-solution

I use this in the Hornady sonic cleaner. Best use correct cleaner so parts don't get screwed up.

When I repaired precision tools, a touch of Dawn was my choice. That stuff cleans everything.
    For a gun,unload and lock it open, stick it on a spike in the dishwasher. Add your favorite soap, and run it after dinner.
    Never, under any circumstances, consume a sleeping pill and laxative on the same night.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast