Welcome to MGO's Internet Discussion Forums…Please Consider Becoming a Dues-Paying Member of the ORG…Click >>>>>HERE<<<<< for more info…………****DONATIONS**** can also be made toward MGO's Legal Defense Fund and/or MGO's Forums >>>>>HERE<<<<<

Firearms Legal Protection

CPL Instructors Question

I would like to hand out and review the CPL App form in my classes. However, the county clerk will not give them to me. She says they have to pay for them, would give me one for me to make copies. I call BS on this, a little research shows that Marquette county expense per app is $38(highest in the state). MSP says they provide the forms(part of their expenses).
    Any experience out there, can you get the forms for your classes? Have you tried?
    Thanks.
    Air Force Veteran
    NRA Patron Member
    NRA Handgun Instructor
    USCCA Handgun Instructor

MGO Board of Directors

Trustee

I think this is the page you're looking for
    https://www.michigan.gov/msp/0,4643,...0929--,00.html
    DISCLAIMER: Disclaimer. The opinions expressed in this post are those of the author, DrScaryGuy. They do not purport to reflect the opinions or views of MGO, its board of directors, or its members.

https://www.michigan.gov/msp/0,4643,...0929--,00.html

Beat me to it. There's a link to download the application.

I guess I was not clear, I am very familiar with those pages. What I am looking for is a breakdown of how the $100 fee is spent. I know my county spends app $38 to process an app,( a neighboring county spends less than $10) what expenditures does that cover, how much if any goes to the MSP, how much for the background check. I have found that some counties are reporting a big surplus in their CPL account.
    Air Force Veteran
    NRA Patron Member
    NRA Handgun Instructor
    USCCA Handgun Instructor

This is where I found each counties cost, now looking for a breakdown of those costs, and where the "profit" goes?
    Air Force Veteran
    NRA Patron Member
    NRA Handgun Instructor
    USCCA Handgun Instructor

I am a Forum User
    Quote Originally Posted by ltcnav View Post
    This is where I found each counties cost, now looking for a breakdown of those costs, and where the "profit" goes?
    MI Open Carry has file several FOIA lawsuits on this topic. What they are finding, it's extremely profitable. Suggest heading over to the website and/or Facebook page and reading up on their legal battle to identify the cost to CPL applicants and renewals.