Welcome to MGO's Internet Discussion Forums…Please Consider Becoming a Dues-Paying Member of the ORG…Click >>>>>HERE<<<<< for more info…………****DONATIONS**** can also be made toward MGO's Legal Defense Fund and/or MGO's Forums >>>>>HERE<<<<<

KROGER

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    I am a Forum User

John Wick 3 (no spoilers)

Wondered where I should post this, & decided this discussion area would be appropriate.
    Anyone who's seen a John Wick film knows there's a lot of firearm action in his movies..here's my review.. (no spoilers)

Went to see the latest chapter of the John Wick series..if you haven't seen 1 or 2, might not make a lot of sense.
    If you have,seen 'em & you enjoyed them or if you like a shoot'em, stab 'em, cut & beat-'em up, action movie.. you'll like this..

Not a lot of story line, but lots of action. Halle Berry joins the series in a role, Laurence Fishburne returns,, & even an ancient Anjelica Huston has a part.
    How is it , compared to # 1 & # 2 ? More of everything. More gun play, more martial arts fighting, lots of knife & sword action.

There's a m/c chase scene, with some impressive riding & action. A horse fight ? chase ? escape ?

What the movie doesn't have is a clear understanding of who John Wick is, where he comes from,
    or much about his past, no info about the group he became involved with, or just what this "High Table is"..(guess they need something for John Wick 4)

The body count is highest yet..wasn't able to keep track. You will learn how John manages to get out of NYC with a 14 million dollar bounty
    & every assassin / bad guy in NYC trying to collect it.
    I got kinda tired , just watching the movie.
    Keanu Reeves is in good shape for being over 50 y/o..& I'd wager there will be a John Wick 4.

oh, forgot, there are a few surprises toward the end of the movie.

Think the non-firearms forum would probably be more appropriate than the general firearms discussion...that aside, I thoroughly enjoyed the movie which is unsurprising since I enjoyed the first 2 quite a bit. Although I think my favorite is still #2.

If you haven't seen Keanu shooting 3 gun, it's worth checking out.

Additionally, a 4th has already been confirmed: https://www.polygon.com/2019/5/20/18...e-announcement

MGO Board of Directors

Trustee

I was too busy this weekend, and now it's the work week so i might not be able to go...
    1 and 2 were great, so swords and horses can only make it better.
    DISCLAIMER: Disclaimer. The opinions expressed in this post are those of the author, DrScaryGuy. They do not purport to reflect the opinions or views of MGO, its board of directors, or its members.

I am a Forum User
    What the movie doesn't have is a clear understanding of who John Wick is, where he comes from, or much about his past, no info about the group he became involved with, or just what this "High Table is"..(guess they need something for John Wick 4)
    You're far too involved in a Hollywood fantasy... Have a strong word with yourself... It's for your own good...

Quote Originally Posted by AM1958 View Post
    You're far too involved in a Hollywood fantasy... Have a strong word with yourself... It's for your own good...

I am a Forum User
    AM1958.. lighten up, it's entertainment.

I read a lot of novels, & enjoy detailed, well told, stories.
    My comments were addressing what I see as a way for the movies to be improved.

I am a Forum User
    As you so clearly point out the movie is about killing... nothing more really, which is why "who John Wick is, where he comes from, or much about his past" is so glaringly absent. While I enjoy the John Wick series as much as you they are definitely not a vehicle for the exploration of his character past the fact he loved his wife and got pissed off when the puppy got killed by Theon Greyjoy...

JW 3 is the best of the 3 movies by FAR.
    If you liked 1 and 2, this one blows your hair back. Must see on big-screen.

I agree with joepistol. The back story is yet to be discovered.

I now know how to kill people with books.

MGO Board of Directors

Trustee

Quote Originally Posted by Coctailer View Post
    JW 3 is the best of the 3 movies by FAR.
    If you liked 1 and 2, this one blows your hair back. Must see on big-screen.

I agree with joepistol. The back story is yet to be discovered.

I now know how to kill people with books.
    held closed and used to hit people in the throat?
    DISCLAIMER: Disclaimer. The opinions expressed in this post are those of the author, DrScaryGuy. They do not purport to reflect the opinions or views of MGO, its board of directors, or its members.

I am a Forum User
    Haven't seen it yet, but I'm sure it will appear at one of our 2 theaters soon. I will NOT miss it.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast