Welcome to MGO's Internet Discussion Forums…Please Consider Becoming a Dues-Paying Member of the ORG…Click >>>>>HERE<<<<< for more info…………****DONATIONS**** can also be made toward MGO's Legal Defense Fund and/or MGO's Forums >>>>>HERE<<<<<

Firearms Legal Protection

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    I am a Forum User
    Quote Originally Posted by Coctailer View Post
    07s deal firearms also
    You're not paying attention, either. I never said they could not deal (sell) firearms. See above.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Scoop View Post
    Interesting. Their web site states that they area a "NFA & Class III Dealer", which means they have an SOT with a Type 1 FFL, not an Type 7 FFL.

What they are doing can likely be construed by the BATFE as manufacturing (assembly is defined as manufacturing), even though they "say" they are only selling the components and assembling it for "free". Assembly requires an 07 license, and that doesn't even touch the issue of avoiding excise taxes if they are "assembling for free" more than 50 complete firearms a year (parts or lowers/uppers in, rifles out = 07 and excise tax).

From what I've read, an 01 FFL can only do the assembly if the customer brings (not buys) all the components to them.
    Lol. They're a well known and established 07.

Quote Originally Posted by Scoop View Post
    If you have an FFL 01 (dealer of firarms) and your SOT, your SOT is Class (Type) 3.
    If you have an FFL 07 (manufacturer of firearms) and your SOT, your SOT is Class (Type) 2.

The class signifies the "class of taxpayer".

I never said they couldn't operate as dealer.

Again, their own web site says "NFA & Class III", which would signfy they are an FFL 01 or their web site is wrong.

Technically, there is no such thing as class III NFA weapons license.
    “Class III” is not only a SOT class, but a slang term that has been used for decades at a way to let people know you are talking about NFA items.

“Hey, is that shotgun a Class III?”
    “Do I need a Class III to buy that silencer?”
    The above quotes are not only questions asked by buyers ignorant of the different class nuances, but are also used by some dealers to help said ignorant buyers find them. I don’t, but I remember sellers doing forever.

If they said 07/02, then people not knowing any better might pass him over because they are looking for a “Class III”

You can always call them and ask what kind of FFL they have if it’s important to you.

“Class III” is not only a SOT class, but a slang term that has been used for decades at a way to let people know you are talking about NFA items.

“Hey, is that shotgun a Class III?”
    “Do I need a Class III to buy that silencer?”
    The above quotes are not only questions asked by buyers ignorant of the different class nuances, but are also used by some dealers to help said ignorant buyers find them. I don’t, but I remember sellers doing forever.

If they said 07/02, then people not knowing any better might pass him over because they are looking for a “Class III”

You can always call them and ask what kind of FFL they have if it’s important to you.
    Wouldn’t that be an 07/01?
    Government's view of the economy could be summed up in a few short phrases: If it moves, tax it. If it keeps moving, regulate it. And if it stops moving, subsidize it. Ronald Reagan

Gotta be somebody need some killin
    Major Benson Winifred Payne

Quote Originally Posted by pscipio03 View Post
    No, 02 is the SOT Class for manufacturers.

You got the license type and SOT class mixed up.

01 is a dealer and is Class III (01/03)
    07 is a manufacturer and is Class II (07/02)

MGO Board of Directors

Trustee

Quote Originally Posted by pscipio03 View Post
    Remember, the classes often have overlapping but slightly different privileges. Don't mess up though, because it's a felony...
    I'd like an FFL, but I just can't handle the stress (or the fees) yet.
    Maybe C&R would be a good starter license?
    DISCLAIMER: Disclaimer. The opinions expressed in this post are those of the author, DrScaryGuy. They do not purport to reflect the opinions or views of MGO, its board of directors, or its members.

Quote Originally Posted by DrScaryGuy View Post
    Remember, the classes often have overlapping but slightly different privileges. Don't mess up though, because it's a felony...
    I'd like an FFL, but I just can't handle the stress (or the fees) yet.
    Maybe C&R would be a good starter license?
    YES!!
    If I wasn't in the biz, I would have a C&R for sure.
    The discounts from Brownells and Midway make it worth it alone.
    Not having to fiddle-fart around with transfers and dealers when you stumble across a sweet deal on a German K98 is priceless.

MGO Board of Directors

Trustee

I heard that a lot of places, including those you mentioned, have cut out the discounts for people that only have a c&r.
    In their defense, discounts for people that pay $10 fees to the gov is kind of a bad business decision...
    DISCLAIMER: Disclaimer. The opinions expressed in this post are those of the author, DrScaryGuy. They do not purport to reflect the opinions or views of MGO, its board of directors, or its members.

I am a Forum User
    YES!!
    If I wasn't in the biz, I would have a C&R for sure.
    The discounts from Brownells and Midway make it worth it alone.
    Not having to fiddle-fart around with transfers and dealers when you stumble across a sweet deal on a German K98 is priceless.
    Shhhh for Odin's sake dont tell everyone. I dont think MIdway does discounts for C&R

No, 02 is the SOT Class for manufacturers.

You got the license type and SOT class mixed up.

01 is a dealer and is Class III (01/03)
    07 is a manufacturer and is Class II (07/02)
    Good call- I did get them swapped around
    Government's view of the economy could be summed up in a few short phrases: If it moves, tax it. If it keeps moving, regulate it. And if it stops moving, subsidize it. Ronald Reagan

Gotta be somebody need some killin
    Major Benson Winifred Payne

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast