Welcome to MGO's Internet Discussion Forums…Please Consider Becoming a Dues-Paying Member of the ORG…Click >>>>>HERE<<<<< for more info…………****DONATIONS**** can also be made toward MGO's Legal Defense Fund and/or MGO's Forums >>>>>HERE<<<<<

KROGER

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    I am a Forum User
    Quote Originally Posted by tkurban53 View Post
    S&W received it yesterday, on their dime.. I called today to set my expectations on turnaround and was told right now it's four weeks. Very bad, in my opinion. That tells me they have quite a backlog, and is consistent with earlier comments about them being short on professionals and long on assemblers of poor quality components.
    Back when the gandy dancers at Bangor Punta ran S&W, the repair backlog was months - for the first return. Often a revolver went back again when the problem was not repaired the first time.

MGO Member
    Quote Originally Posted by 10x25mm View Post
    Back when the gandy dancers at Bangor Punta ran S&W, the repair backlog was months - for the first return. Often a revolver went back again when the problem was not repaired the first time.
    Yikes!

MGO Member
    I sent a model 29 back to the Mother ship back in the mid-70s for timing and it was gone 4 months.

I am a Forum User
    I purchased a used 617 off this forum that was having some issues. Mostly with light strikes and the cylinder. Being used I fully expected to pay the S&W factory to fix it up. I sent it off. Waited quite a while, (1-2 months IIRC). Got the gun back with a 100% new cylinder, timed perfectly and some extra stuff. Maybe stickers and 2 speed loaders? Its been so long I cant rememeber exactly. They refused to charge me anything and paid for shipping both ways.

Just be patient and you'll get your gun back. I didnt have as nice of an experience returning a firearm for repair to Ruger or century.

MGO Member
    Quote Originally Posted by HemiChallenger View Post
    I purchased a used 617 off this forum that was having some issues. Mostly with light strikes and the cylinder. Being used I fully expected to pay the S&W factory to fix it up. I sent it off. Waited quite a while, (1-2 months IIRC). Got the gun back with a 100% new cylinder, timed perfectly and some extra stuff. Maybe stickers and 2 speed loaders? Its been so long I cant rememeber exactly. They refused to charge me anything and paid for shipping both ways.

Just be patient and you'll get your gun back. I didnt have as nice of an experience returning a firearm for repair to Ruger or century.
    Thx much for the encouragement.

MGO Member
    So, S&W had my 617-6 for a couple weeks and returned it with the forcing cone having been recut and the yoke "repaired". Shot a couple hundred rounds today and she's fully recovered from her illness. No probs at all and accuracy is much better. I'm a happy cowboy. Too bad this expensive .22 was not properly manufactured in the first place. Oddly, S&W included a letter stating they had found excessive leading and that I should take care to clean it properly. Duh - did they not read the letter I included that stated I only fired 50 rounds in the NEW revolver? Even funnier, they returned it to me dirty. Doh!

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123