Welcome to MGO's Internet Discussion Forums…Please Consider Becoming a Dues-Paying Member of the ORG…Click >>>>>HERE<<<<< for more info…………****DONATIONS**** can also be made toward MGO's Legal Defense Fund and/or MGO's Forums >>>>>HERE<<<<<

KROGER

I am a Forum User

Ultrasonic cleaner

I have been thinking about getting one for my pistols ad AR parts. Does anyone have any recommendations as to which one or size?

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1

After looking around, I went with one of these. They make various sizes but the important thing was that it has both time control and temperature control.

Having it for around 6 months and using it, it works fine for me - which is mainly gun parts cleaning. And I used it once every couple of weeks but the reviews are decent for almost a chinese direct cleaner.

For the size, that is a little harder. For me, I wish I got one that was a little bit longer. However, this depends on the size of what you are going to be cleaning. For mine, I can put an entire M&P 2.0 fullsize in it with the slide removed and some of the handle will be sticking out. They make units long enough to put entire barrels into, which is often found in gun shops or enterprising individuals. I have not run across an issue yet of something I HAD to put in it that wouldn't fit but there have been some times it would of been nice if it did.
    happy_gunner
    Proud Veteran & American
    In God We Trust

I have the small Hornady lock n load. Big enough to hold BCG’s and pistol slides. It has a few different modes, including a good heater and degasser. I also use it to clean brass for reloading too. It’s a nice compact package and does what I want it to do.

I wouldn’t mind having a larger one big enough to submerge an entire revolver or receiver, but it takes care of BCG’s very well, and that’s what I primarily have it for.

I am a Forum User
    I was a huge nigh sayer you years - claiming to good to be true! However after extensive study, research and experimenting I have no clue how I did it so long without this machine.

Please do not think you can be lazy and simply throw your product in the tank and magically its cleaned. Still complete take down / dis-assembly and standard cleaning is recommended - however for the best results I have ever seen.... I HIGHLY RECOMMEND THIS PRODUCT.

Buy as large as you can afford and you will have to figure out on your own what Witches brew services your cleaning needs best! After my standard clean complete I`ll degrease and submerge in my pre-heated tank with my Witches brew, turn on the ultra sonic vibes and you will be shock how much extra gunk floats out.

So as far my shop goes it was money and extra time well spent- My customers and their guns are well worth it!

I am a Forum User
    Quote Originally Posted by happy_gunner View Post
    https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1

After looking around, I went with one of these. They make various sizes but the important thing was that it has both time control and temperature control.

Having it for around 6 months and using it, it works fine for me - which is mainly gun parts cleaning. And I used it once every couple of weeks but the reviews are decent for almost a chinese direct cleaner.

For the size, that is a little harder. For me, I wish I got one that was a little bit longer. However, this depends on the size of what you are going to be cleaning. For mine, I can put an entire M&P 2.0 fullsize in it with the slide removed and some of the handle will be sticking out. They make units long enough to put entire barrels into, which is often found in gun shops or enterprising individuals. I have not run across an issue yet of something I HAD to put in it that wouldn't fit but there have been some times it would of been nice if it did.
    Thanks so much for the review! I use ultrasonic baths at work (we have dozens) and I’ve always known that I wanted one for cleaning firearms but I’ve been leery of these ~$100 options when the ones we use are closer to a kilo buck for these sizes. You’ve assuaged my fears and I’ll be ordering one.

In Memoriam Forum User
    Be advised I have read these cleaners can damage some sights.