Welcome to MGO's Internet Discussion Forums…Please Consider Becoming a Dues-Paying Member of the ORG…Click >>>>>HERE<<<<< for more info…………****DONATIONS**** can also be made toward MGO's Legal Defense Fund and/or MGO's Forums >>>>>HERE<<<<<

Firearms Legal Protection

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    I am a Forum User

6 months and still no stamp :(

6 months today and still no stamp. I did a Silencer Shop kiosk. Do they notify me when it is approved or does the retailer?

MGO Board of Directors

Trustee

Quote Originally Posted by dwcopple View Post
    6 months today and still no stamp. I did a Silencer Shop kiosk. Do they notify me when it is approved or does the retailer?
    ATF notifies the dealer that you are permitted to receive the item by shipping them the stamped forms. Dealer is supposed to notify you.
    If the application has it marked that you are allowed to ask the ATF about it, you can call the ATF NFA branch with your name/trust and the ATF can tell you it's still pending. Once they finally say it is approved, you can start bugging the dealer to see if they can do the transfer yet, but it can take a week or so if they are doing paper, probably a day or two if they're doing e-submissions.
    DISCLAIMER: Disclaimer. The opinions expressed in this post are those of the author, DrScaryGuy. They do not purport to reflect the opinions or views of MGO, its board of directors, or its members.

I am a Forum User
    Quote Originally Posted by DrScaryGuy View Post
    ATF notifies the dealer that you are permitted to receive the item by shipping them the stamped forms. Dealer is supposed to notify you.
    If the application has it marked that you are allowed to ask the ATF about it, you can call the ATF NFA branch with your name/trust and the ATF can tell you it's still pending. Once they finally say it is approved, you can start bugging the dealer to see if they can do the transfer yet, but it can take a week or so if they are doing paper, probably a day or two if they're doing e-submissions.
    I have three stamps pending right now so I'm following the wait times pretty closely. Form 4's are running closer to ten months right now. My oldest pending is from September and I am not going to start getting antsy until Mid July. They were running around six months for a while, but unfortunately it looks like those waits have increased.

I am a Forum User
    6 months is nothing. Come back in another 6 months, then call ATF and see where you're at in line. Don't call now, and don't call every week thereafter. You'll just be taking time away from them doing their "job" of getting things approved.

I am a Forum User
    The wait was 9 months, but the 3 month government shutdown delayed things. I am at the 10 month mark now and still waiting. You filed in the middle of the shutdown, so be prepared for a long wait. The issue now is the 6+ month FBI wait time on background checks.

I am a Forum User
    Well, there goes my summer plans

I am a Forum User
    I've read they're close on E-File Form 4. My last two E-File Form 1's have come back in less than 30 days.

Banned
    Lol

A year.

I am a Forum User
    I just filed 2 form 4 Trusts on a Colt and B&T SBR. I am already planning on next May. Optimistically hoping for Decemberish.

MGO Member
    I've just hit 10 months and still nothing. I called the ATF and they said it's pending. Check was cashed August 1st, 2018. Told me to call back in a couple weeks. I'm on wit's end.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast