Welcome to MGO's Internet Discussion Forums…Please Consider Becoming a Dues-Paying Member of the ORG…Click >>>>>HERE<<<<< for more info…………****DONATIONS**** can also be made toward MGO's Legal Defense Fund and/or MGO's Forums >>>>>HERE<<<<<

KROGER

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    I am a Forum User
    You could build a partially-ambidextrous, or a fully left handed AR15

I am a Forum User
    Have you considered a top ejecting Win 94 lever? It is both right and left handed.

Quote Originally Posted by elwarpo View Post
    Have you considered a top ejecting Win 94 lever? It is both right and left handed.
    I would disagree. Saddle rings (if equipped) and loading ports make a difference.

Life Member, NRA, Lapeer County Sportsmen's Club Disclaimer: I Am Not A Lawyer. Opinions expressed are not representative of any organization to which I may belong, and are solely mine. Any natural person or legal entity reading this post accepts all responsibility for any actions undertaken by that person or entity, based upon what they perceived was contained in this post, and shall hold harmless this poster, his antecedents, and descendants, in perpetuity.

I am a Forum User
    Quote Originally Posted by Roundballer View Post
    I would disagree. Saddle rings (if equipped) and loading ports make a difference.
    No use for saddle rings, but the loading gates in the side of the receiver are a good proposition for left handers. Just hold the rifle out by the grip and start loading shells from a right hand side pocket, using your right hand to push them through the gate.

I always thought the side gate Winchester lever rifles and Colt SAA revolvers were secretly designed for left handers.

Quote Originally Posted by 10x25mm View Post
    No use for saddle rings, but the loading gates in the side of the receiver are a good proposition for left handers. Just hold the rifle out by the grip and start loading shells from a right hand side pocket, using your right hand to push them through the gate.

I always thought the side gate Winchester lever rifles and Colt SAA revolvers were secretly designed for left handers.
    And I would disagree with that assessment. People want to use their dominant hand for the finer motor skills in loading.

Life Member, NRA, Lapeer County Sportsmen's Club Disclaimer: I Am Not A Lawyer. Opinions expressed are not representative of any organization to which I may belong, and are solely mine. Any natural person or legal entity reading this post accepts all responsibility for any actions undertaken by that person or entity, based upon what they perceived was contained in this post, and shall hold harmless this poster, his antecedents, and descendants, in perpetuity.

I am a Forum User
    And I would disagree with that assessment. People want to use their dominant hand for the finer motor skills in loading.
    Left handers are forced to develop fine motor skills in their weak right hand. Otherwise they die young.

Quote Originally Posted by 10x25mm View Post
    Left handers are forced to develop fine motor skills in their weak right hand. Otherwise they die young.
    And we are right back to adapting to a left handed person to a right handed firearm.

I am a Forum User
    And we are right back to adapting to a left handed person to a right handed firearm.
    I suggested this from seeing my left handed girlfriend loading my Remington 1100. It was so much easier for her to load it than me (I am right handed). When I asked her if she wanted a left handed shotgun for 3 gun, she said no, because loading was so much easier for her. I actually am looking for a left handed shotgun for myself because of this. BTW at the MDFI foundation shotgun class she was reloading faster than me, even though I had much more experience, I only say ths because she never lets me forget...

Quote Originally Posted by elwarpo View Post
    I suggested this from seeing my left handed girlfriend loading my Remington 1100. It was so much easier for her to load it than me (I am right handed). When I asked her if she wanted a left handed shotgun for 3 gun, she said no, because loading was so much easier for her. I actually am looking for a left handed shotgun for myself because of this. BTW at the MDFI foundation shotgun class she was reloading faster than me, even though I had much more experience, I only say ths because she never lets me forget...
    Shotguns of this type typically load from the bottom, so the loading port is pretty much ambidextrous. The right/left on them comes with operating the bolt, where the ejection port is, and safety lever/switch/button. A pump eliminates most of the bolt issue, and a tang safety covers that, you just have the ejection remaining.

There is a rifle that is mostly ambidextrous, box mag feed, forward ejection. I am not positive about all of the controls though.

For the most part, if you want a left handed rifle, buy a left handed rifle.

To the OP:

You have the Remington 1100. Go buy a cantilevered rifled barrel for it, mount a good scope on it.
    Then go to the range and figure out which of the sabot-ed slugs that it likes. Get it zeroed in for the proper range.
    There have been some real advancements in the ammo in the last 20 years. You have a 200 yd gun with just a little work. You don't need more than that in Michigan.
    Last edited by Roundballer; 06-06-2019 at 11:56 AM.

MGO Member
    Quote Originally Posted by PGWG View Post
    Hello everyone-

I'd like to get back into deer hunting after 20+ years off and the rules have changed! I'd like the option to confidently shoot in the 100-200 yard range if I'm presented the option.

I have a lefty Remington 1100 and a lefty Savage Mark II GL. I'd like to stick with left handed (or close to) options if possible because if I'm going to spend the money, I'd like to make it suited to me and I really enjoy not needing to adapt my use to make righty stuff work in my lefty world.

I know Ruger had a lefty American Ranch at one point but not anymore. It doesn't look like any other manufacturer is making a lefty .450 BM

I know more manufactures are making rifle options for the .350 legend but so far no one has a lefty. Should I be patient and wait and see if anyone makes a lefty for me?

Savage has a great line of lefties but nothing straight walled to meet our MLFZ needs. Is it possible to replace a barrel on a .308? But then we're getting into custom work and I don't want to break the bank.

I've gone down the road of looking at top eject lever action however I have a concern with the way these scopes are mounted that it would still send the case to the right - though this is a guess. I'd love to be corrected.

I've gone down the road of looking at single shots, which there are plenty of solutions for. Everyone tells me that I'm never going to get a second shot off so a single shot would suffice. However, the nature of the beast makes me not want to monkey with swapping rounds one at a time (none of the single shooters I've found auto eject). I'll listen to you trying to convince me a single shooter is fine. But I would love a bolt.

The Rossi Circuit Judge is a wildly strange firearm and I don't know what to make of it (45 Colt/410-GA combo revolver rifle thing).

I own a .357 magnum revolver and part of me thinks it would be great to have a rifle that matches my revolver.

Commercial rounds that meet the MLFZ requirements that I am aware of: .350 legend, .357 magnum, .44 Magnum, .45 Colt, .450 Bushmaster - am I missing any rounds? Do any manufactures currently make a lefty (non AR platform) multi round rifle that I am not aware of?

Thank you for reading and I would love to hear your input.

RB has spoken....forget about the Left Handed Rifle options you originaly asked about.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast