Welcome to MGO's Internet Discussion Forums…Please Consider Becoming a Dues-Paying Member of the ORG…Click >>>>>HERE<<<<< for more info…………****DONATIONS**** can also be made toward MGO's Legal Defense Fund and/or MGO's Forums >>>>>HERE<<<<<

Firearms Legal Protection

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Quote Originally Posted by Roundballer View Post
    Shotguns of this type typically load from the bottom, so the loading port is pretty much ambidextrous. The right/left on them comes with operating the bolt, where the ejection port is, and safety lever/switch/button. A pump eliminates most of the bolt issue, and a tang safety covers that, you just have the ejection remaining.

There is a rifle that is mostly ambidextrous, box mag feed, forward ejection. I am not positive about all of the controls though.

For the most part, if you want a left handed rifle, buy a left handed rifle.

To the OP:

You have the Remington 1100. Go buy a cantilevered rifled barrel for it, mount a good scope on it.
    Then go to the range and figure out which of the sabot-ed slugs that it likes. Get it zeroed in for the proper range.
    There have been some real advancements in the ammo in the last 20 years. You have a 200 yd gun with just a little work. You don't need more than that in Michigan.
    I think savage still offers lefty 220 and 212 bolt action rifled slug guns if he is open to shot guns.

I can't post links yet! Forum User
    All great suggestions, tips, and ideas from everyone so far and I appreciate the conversation that's going on here. I haven't had a chance to follow up on the Randy's LH Ruger yet - I need to get on that - however, long term I truthfully feel like the 350 legend is going to be a better round for me.

I can all but rule out the lever actions due to two reasons:
    -the top ejects will still eject right based on how the scope mounts - many of which also have "top eject" that is still angled to the right.
    -Also - those firearms are SPENDY!

At this point I am not interested in the AR platform for the following reasons:
    -I would rather have a traditional wood rifle or traditional ergonomics.
    -I can more easily convince my wife that a hunting firearm is needed over something from the AR line.
    -I'm just not familiar enough with AR products to confidently play in that area.

Regarding Roundballer's suggestion of a cantilevered rifled barrel, I looked into it - The barrel on the 1100LH is also left handed - meaning the barrel is not universal. TOUGH to find left handed barrels for that thing in any flavor. I currently have a 28" Modified barrel and I've just purchased (used out of california) a 26" skeet and 30" full - should arrive on Wednesday and I'm excited. It is the ONLY full choke barrel for the remington 1100LH I've ever seen. Finding a standard deer barrel for the lefty is hard enough, but add in the cantilever, and as my dad would say "chances are slim to none and slim just left town." Also, by the time I find one and pay for it, it's the same price as a brand new single shot.

I have put way more thought and effort into this than I ever would have imagined!

Well maybe borrow something this year or use old pump action, Shotgun, 350s will be coming out Ruger, Winchester, savage will all have them and left. Maybe not configuration you want like laminate stainless, etc if you are picky.

Quote Originally Posted by PGWG View Post
    All great suggestions, tips, and ideas from everyone so far and I appreciate the conversation that's going on here. I haven't had a chance to follow up on the Randy's LH Ruger yet - I need to get on that - however, long term I truthfully feel like the 350 legend is going to be a better round for me.

I can all but rule out the lever actions due to two reasons:
    -the top ejects will still eject right based on how the scope mounts - many of which also have "top eject" that is still angled to the right.
    -Also - those firearms are SPENDY!

At this point I am not interested in the AR platform for the following reasons:
    -I would rather have a traditional wood rifle or traditional ergonomics.
    -I can more easily convince my wife that a hunting firearm is needed over something from the AR line.
    -I'm just not familiar enough with AR products to confidently play in that area.

Regarding Roundballer's suggestion of a cantilevered rifled barrel, I looked into it - The barrel on the 1100LH is also left handed - meaning the barrel is not universal. TOUGH to find left handed barrels for that thing in any flavor. I currently have a 28" Modified barrel and I've just purchased (used out of california) a 26" skeet and 30" full - should arrive on Wednesday and I'm excited. It is the ONLY full choke barrel for the remington 1100LH I've ever seen. Finding a standard deer barrel for the lefty is hard enough, but add in the cantilever, and as my dad would say "chances are slim to none and slim just left town." Also, by the time I find one and pay for it, it's the same price as a brand new single shot.

I have put way more thought and effort into this than I ever would have imagined!
    If your barrel is threaded for chokes, as a last resort I have a 12 gauge rifled choke tube and a saddle scope mount (for 870, no idea if it would fit) that I would sell.

I bought it used here and never used it.

I can't post links yet! Forum User
    Quick update: I bought a Savage!

MGO Member
    Congratulations! Let us know how the Savage shoots with the currently available "factory" ammo, when you sight it in.
    Stop The Robberies Enjoy Safe Streets / You can't argue with slaves that don't know they're shackled.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123