Welcome to MGO's Internet Discussion Forums…Please Consider Becoming a Dues-Paying Member of the ORG…Click >>>>>HERE<<<<< for more info…………****DONATIONS**** can also be made toward MGO's Legal Defense Fund and/or MGO's Forums >>>>>HERE<<<<<

Firearms Legal Protection

I am a Forum User

Larue MBT-2S 2-stage trigger

I only got into building AR-platform rifles and pistols within the last year or so. Admittedly, most of my builds have been budget builds, including lowers, LPKs and upper kits from Palmetto State Armory and Combat Armory.

Lowers have largely been built with the standard Mil-Spec LPKs from PSA. Not a big fan of the scratchy triggers, though.

Recently, I picked up a couple of Larue Tactical MBT-2S 2-stage triggers for $87 each recently. MBT stands for 'meticulously built trigger'. They are offered with a curved or straight bow made out of S7 tool steel and come with two trigger springs and standard trigger pins. First stage breaks at 2.5#, while the second breaks at 2# (4.5# total). Use the heavier trigger spring to increase break to 6#.

While it's not a drop-in trigger, the trigger assembly (trigger, disconnector, spring) is all pre-assembled, making installation fairly easy.

Operation is smooth and very crisp, with a solid reset. I've had a RRA National Match 2-stage trigger in one of my other rifles for quite a while, and the Larue MBT-2S seems to be a step above.

Quite a few reviews I've read or watch put in on or above par with the Geissele SSA-E, which is a $240 non-drop in trigger.

For $87 each, I'm planning on picking up a half dozen more and replacing the triggers in all my ARs. You can damn near get three of the MBT-2S triggers for the price of a single SSA-E.
    Last edited by Scoop; 06-05-2019 at 11:03 AM.

I am a Forum User
    I have them in two of my ARs. They're fantastic, even without considering the price.

I am a Forum User
    Great news for me, I was choosing between the same two and picked LaRue to go with my Faxon Match barrel build ! Thanks for the review

MGO Member
    I've got half a dozen of them and they are my go to, terrific break on them. But it gets even better, Larue continues to step up to the plate.

Buy any one of our four different crazy-popular trigger models at our discounted Nolo Christmas Sale Price - $80 each, and $10 bucks of every trigger goes to Team Nolo .
    10,000 triggers puts $100,000 bucks into Team Nolos War Chest to drive on with their well placed 2nd Amendment fight … for Stephen Stamboulieh (aka “Nolo Contendre” on ar15.com) to defray the costs of their 2nd Amendment legal battles they are embroiled in ... for plane tickets, hotel rooms, UBER fees, etc. I've watched Stephen carrying all of our 2A waters for years and it's again time to pass the plate.

Missing the shipments of Dillon Dust but enjoying this trigger at this price all the way. And the APEG grip for ten bucks is my absolute favorite!