Welcome to MGO's Internet Discussion Forums…Please Consider Becoming a Dues-Paying Member of the ORG…Click >>>>>HERE<<<<< for more info…………****DONATIONS**** can also be made toward MGO's Legal Defense Fund and/or MGO's Forums >>>>>HERE<<<<<

Firearms Legal Protection

I can't post links yet! Forum User

Rock Island Tac Ultra FS HC

Looking to get a Rock island 1911 9mm double stack. Has anyone had any experience with one?

I have ran various RIA 2011s. The only issues I have seen in particular have been with 22TCM9R. Otherwise, the 9mms I've ran have ran well.

Appearance looks a bit rough with the MIM parts and parkerized finish, but they run very well. After I had my tac ultra worked on (by RIA, for free...bit of a story..) it turned out to be one of the best 1911 type pistols I’ve ever owned. Swinging with pistols way above it’s pricepoint. Accurate, smooth shooting, very positive controls, shockingly good trigger, and very reliable.

I would have no problems going with a RIA 2011 over an STI if cost were an issue.

I am a Forum User
    I shot one at Shot Show a couple years ago and for a low cost production double stack 1911, it performed pretty good. If you want a little bit better of a pistol look at Hayes Custom Guns. They have a deal with Rock Island and have different performance packages for the tac ultra. The packages start at 200 and go up from there. I have heard really good things about tac ultras that have been worked over by them.

I am a Forum User
    I've only shot a 9mm version once. I have the 40 and love it