Welcome to MGO's Internet Discussion Forums…Please Consider Becoming a Dues-Paying Member of the ORG…Click >>>>>HERE<<<<< for more info…………****DONATIONS**** can also be made toward MGO's Legal Defense Fund and/or MGO's Forums >>>>>HERE<<<<<

Firearms Legal Protection

I am a Forum User

Looking for Arisaka Information

Hi All,

A friend has two Japanese rifles I think are Arisakas.

The stocks look original however they are both cut down into "sporting" rifles.
    The Mums are ground off.
    One is in good condition, the other pretty bad.

I know nothing about Japanese rifles, where should I start looking for information on them. Is there a market for these types of converted rifles? The action on the one is in really good shape, any market in just the actions? Is there anything I should be looking for, they both seem unremarkable service rifles. I do know, no dust covers or aircraft sights on either.

Im checking on line for info, thought I would reach out to any experts that can point me in the correct direction.
    Thanks!
    Huck

MGO Member
    Eastpointe (formerly known as East Detroit)

I am a Forum User
    Here is another site that has quite a bit of info: https://oldmilitarymarkings.com/japanese_markings.html There are also several milsurp boards that have Japanese forums.

Like any other milsurp, sporterized ones decrease in value. Many people converted them to other calibers as the Arisaka action is known to be pretty strong. If barreled action has matching numbers and chrysanthemum not scrubbed, then value is added.

MGO Member
    One more-lots of info in the stickies. Very little value once sporterized. Ammo is fairly expensive and usually available only online.

https://forums.gunboards.com/forumdi...The-Rising-Sun
    You have been infected by the Amish Virus. Since the Amish have neither electricity nor computers, you are on the honor system. Please format your hard drive. Thank you

I am a Forum User
    Thanks all for the great info.

I am a Forum User
    The value would be as a shooter or hunting rifle. The ammo is exensive.

MGO Member Forum User
    Quote Originally Posted by greatlakesman View Post
    The value would be as a shooter or hunting rifle. The ammo is exensive.
    The one I have won't shoot cheap reloaded ammo. The headspace is high. Shoots New Norma ammo just fine. (~$35/20rds+Shipping).
    Mine is one my dad brought back from the war. Type 38.

Though that I had a ton of info.... But it seems I didn't transfer it to my current computer.... So... guess I am no help.
    Last edited by LivoniaDan; 06-15-2019 at 03:33 PM.