Welcome to MGO's Internet Discussion Forums…Please Consider Becoming a Dues-Paying Member of the ORG…Click >>>>>HERE<<<<< for more info…………****DONATIONS**** can also be made toward MGO's Legal Defense Fund and/or MGO's Forums >>>>>HERE<<<<<

Firearms Legal Protection

I am a Forum User

IDPA Stock Service Pistol Division

Is a unmodified beretta 92a1 in the Stock Service Pistol Division? I assume they make 2000+ a year or have made 20,000 of them.

I am a Forum User
    Any DA/SA handgun as manufactured by the company is considered for SSP as long as it meets the IDPA weight rule and fitsi n the IDPA box.
    You can change sights (as long as they fit in the slide original factory cut and yo are not milling the slide), grips, do a trigger job internally without changing the factory hammer or trigger shoe or you have to use enhanced factory hammers or trigger shoes for that matter. any removable addition or modification is allowed like grip tapes, grip inserts etc. but not permanent changes. And ofcourse No magwells.

So if your 92A1 fits all these descriptions, then yes it could be shot in SSP. if you have any of these modifications that thwart it from SSP can put you in ESP (Enhanced Service Pistol).

MGO Member
    When I shot IDPA in the Custom Defensive division, magwells were allowed. I think also in the ESP division but not in the SSP division. Not sure if this is still the case.