Welcome to MGO's Internet Discussion Forums…Please Consider Becoming a Dues-Paying Member of the ORG…Click >>>>>HERE<<<<< for more info…………****DONATIONS**** can also be made toward MGO's Legal Defense Fund and/or MGO's Forums >>>>>HERE<<<<<

KROGER

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    MGO Board of Directors

MUCC Proposed Resolution 18 - identical statewide firearm regulations

"Michigan United Conservation Clubs (MUCC) work with the Department of Natural Resources (DNR) and the Natural Resources Commission to change Michigan’s limited firearm deer zone to have the same firearm restrictions and regulations as the rest of Michigan."

Whattaya think?

Any reason that a 30.06 shouldn't be used South of "the border" for deer?

Currently you can use it for groundhogs and coyotes, but not for deer.
    Last edited by Jackam; 06-11-2019 at 09:12 PM.
    "But then there are plenty of gun folks who think no one should rock the boat because it might piss off the anti gun crowd/politicians and cause even more gun control." - Bikenut
    Submissive gun rights advocates need to lose their submissiveness before we lose our 2A rights.

What deer?

MGO Board of Directors

Quote Originally Posted by luckless View Post
    What deer?
    LOL!

I didn't post the other Resolution proposal that they are going to consider which would allow everyone to kill two bucks - one from the U.P. and one from the Lower P.
    "But then there are plenty of gun folks who think no one should rock the boat because it might piss off the anti gun crowd/politicians and cause even more gun control." - Bikenut
    Submissive gun rights advocates need to lose their submissiveness before we lose our 2A rights.

I am a Forum User
    Quote Originally Posted by Jackam View Post
    "Michigan United Conservation Clubs (MUCC) work with the Department of Natural Resources (DNR) and the Natural Resources Commission to change Michigan’s limited firearm deer zone to have the same firearm restrictions and regulations as the rest of Michigan."

Whattaya think?

Any reason that a 30.06 shouldn't be used South of "the border" for deer?

Currently you can use it for groundhogs and coyotes, but not for deer.
    I agree, the restrictions in the southern part of the state are ridiculous.
    They make as much sense as gun free zones.

MGO Member
    WHAT! No reason for the 450 BM and 350 Legend?
    How will the firearms industry ever survive?
    Sorry Randy....it was good while it lasted.

MGO Board of Directors

I agree that the restrictions on the lower half of the lower should be dropped.
    DISCLAIMER: The opinions expressed in my posts are my own and do not necessarily reflect the opinions, views, or official policies of Michigan Gun Owners.

This would be great if DNR & NRC choose to go along with it! How often do the DNR and NRC pay heed to MUCC resolutions? How often does it usually take them to respond?

MGO Board of Directors

Quote Originally Posted by Scandiacus View Post
    This would be great if DNR & NRC choose to go along with it! How often do the DNR and NRC pay heed to MUCC resolutions? How often does it usually take them to respond?
    When MUCC has passed a resolution, it stays with MUCC until there is public testimony requested. At that point, MUCC will testify in support of whatever their resolution says.

Recently, MUCC testified AGAINST allowing loaded long guns to be transported in UTVs on private land. This was because they had a very old resolution that was against it - even though times and circumstances have changed. They were almost apologetic about their stance and I believe that by giving the history of why they were testifying against it, they actually helped persuade legislators to vote for it.

Quote Originally Posted by Jackam View Post
    When MUCC has passed a resolution, it stays with MUCC until there is public testimony requested. At that point, MUCC will testify in support of whatever their resolution says.

Recently, MUCC testified AGAINST allowing loaded long guns to be transported in UTVs on private land. This was because they had a very old resolution that was against it - even though times and circumstances have changed. They were almost apologetic about their stance and I believe that by giving the history of why they were testifying against it, they actually helped persuade legislators to vote for it.
    Gotcha, that makes sense. Does the NRC request public testimony on a regular basis, or is it kind of random?

(Sorry for the many questions; I've not paid attention to how the hunting regulation sausage gets made before, I just follow them.)

MGO Board of Directors

Two places that MUCC may make a difference - The NRC has regularly scheduled meetings each month where public comments are welcome.

On the other hand, Legislative committee meetings are held when legislators are considering a bill. The public can speak as well as organizations (I've seen MGOs TallBear speak several times, MOC is always eloquently represented, and MUCC rarely misses a chance to influence and educate the legislators.)

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast