Welcome to MGO's Internet Discussion Forums…Please Consider Becoming a Dues-Paying Member of the ORG…Click >>>>>HERE<<<<< for more info…………****DONATIONS**** can also be made toward MGO's Legal Defense Fund and/or MGO's Forums >>>>>HERE<<<<<

Firearms Legal Protection

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
    MGO Board of Directors

MUCC Proposed Resolution 19 - Gun Club Handgun Registration

"Michigan United Conservation Clubs work with the Federal Government, Michigan Legislature and the Governor’s office to enact legislation that will legally allow organized, incorporated sportsmen’s clubs and or shooting clubs to register firearms owned by the club."

Currently, handguns must be registered to an individual and cannot be registered in the name of an organized, incorporated club.

Whattaya Think?
    Last edited by Jackam; 06-11-2019 at 09:13 PM.
    "But then there are plenty of gun folks who think no one should rock the boat because it might piss off the anti gun crowd/politicians and cause even more gun control." - Bikenut
    Submissive gun rights advocates need to lose their submissiveness before we lose our 2A rights.

I am a Forum User
    Is that something we want?

MGO Member
    must stay on property

Quote Originally Posted by eightbit View Post
    Is that something we want?
    It is something that could be of use for those kinds of organizations that want to have regular pistol training courses. This way the "org" can invest in the pistols rather than the individual instructors.
    MCL 28-422 requires that the owner must be present.

(12) This section does not apply to a person who is younger than the age required under subsection (3)(b) and who possesses a pistol if all of the following conditions apply:
    (a) The person is not otherwise prohibited from possessing that pistol.
    (b) The person is at a recognized target range.
    (c) The person possesses the pistol for the purpose of target practice or instruction in the safe use of a pistol.
    (d) The person is in the physical presence and under the direct supervision of any of the following:
    (i) The person's parent.
    (ii) The person's guardian.
    (iii) An individual who is 21 years of age or older, who is authorized by the person's parent or guardian, and who has successfully completed a pistol safety training course or class that meets the requirements of section 5j(1)(a), (b), or (d), and received a certificate of completion.
    (e) The owner of the pistol is physically present.
    (13) This section does not apply to a person who possesses a pistol if all of the following conditions apply:
    (a) The person is not otherwise prohibited from possessing a pistol.
    (b) The person is at a recognized target range or shooting facility.
    (c) The person possesses the pistol for the purpose of target practice or instruction in the safe use of a pistol.
    (d) The owner of the pistol is physically present and supervising the use of the pistol.

Life Member, NRA, Lapeer County Sportsmen's Club Disclaimer: I Am Not A Lawyer. Opinions expressed are not representative of any organization to which I may belong, and are solely mine. Any natural person or legal entity reading this post accepts all responsibility for any actions undertaken by that person or entity, based upon what they perceived was contained in this post, and shall hold harmless this poster, his antecedents, and descendants, in perpetuity.

MGO Board of Directors

I bought shotguns for a club one time. Not the same thing, but at the time it was me putting my name and address down on the four forms.

I think this is a good thing for those clubs that want it.
    I wonder how they'd do a NICS check on an org or club?
    "But then there are plenty of gun folks who think no one should rock the boat because it might piss off the anti gun crowd/politicians and cause even more gun control." - Bikenut
    Submissive gun rights advocates need to lose their submissiveness before we lose our 2A rights.

Maybe MUCC could support repealing registration?

MGO Board of Directors

Quote Originally Posted by luckless View Post
    MUCC= Michigan United CONSERVATION Club.

Maybe they could conserve trees and atmosphere pollution by supporting a repeal! Good Idea!

I am a Forum User
    Quote Originally Posted by luckless View Post
    I agree, eliminating registration would accomplish what they are trying to do.

MGO Board of Directors

Quote Originally Posted by Leader View Post
    I agree, eliminating registration would accomplish what they are trying to do.
    Then perhaps MGO, an affiliate organization of MUCC, should have their say!

Quote Originally Posted by Jackam View Post
    Then perhaps MGO, an affiliate organization of MUCC, should have their say!
    Lol! I traveled that road. I hope you have better luck than me.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast