Welcome to MGO's Internet Discussion Forums…Please Consider Becoming a Dues-Paying Member of the ORG…Click >>>>>HERE<<<<< for more info…………****DONATIONS**** can also be made toward MGO's Legal Defense Fund and/or MGO's Forums >>>>>HERE<<<<<

KROGER

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    MGO Board of Directors

Quote Originally Posted by Jackam View Post
    Then perhaps MGO, an affiliate organization of MUCC, should have their say!
    There's no way MUCC would entertain this thought. No way.
    "But then there are plenty of gun folks who think no one should rock the boat because it might piss off the anti gun crowd/politicians and cause even more gun control." - Bikenut
    Submissive gun rights advocates need to lose their submissiveness before we lose our 2A rights.

There's no way MUCC would entertain this thought. No way.
    I can't figure out what MGO gets out of affiliating with the MUCC. I CAN see the benefits for the DNR

I am a Forum User
    Quote Originally Posted by luckless View Post
    Lol! I traveled that road. I hope you have better luck than me.
    How can anyone not have more luck compared to someone named ... luckless?

Touche!

MGO Board of Directors

Passed!

#19: SPORTSMEN’S CLUB/SHOOTING CLUB FIREARMS OWNERSHIP

Submitted by: Jack Letho, Individual Member

MUCC will work with the Federal Government, Michigan Legislature and the Governor’s office to enact legislation that will legally allow organized, incorporated sportsmen’s clubs and/or shooting clubs to register firearms owned by the club.
    "But then there are plenty of gun folks who think no one should rock the boat because it might piss off the anti gun crowd/politicians and cause even more gun control." - Bikenut
    Submissive gun rights advocates need to lose their submissiveness before we lose our 2A rights.

Why in today's legal climate would any club want to take on that liability?

MGO Board of Directors

Trustee

Quote Originally Posted by Mkc451 View Post
    maybe the instructors got tired of taking on the liability (and cost) and refused to do it anymore. Or, maybe, like many orgs, they only had one or two guys that actually did the work, and they either died or just got tired of carrying the load.
    DISCLAIMER: Disclaimer. The opinions expressed in this post are those of the author, DrScaryGuy. They do not purport to reflect the opinions or views of MGO, its board of directors, or its members.

MGO Board of Directors

Quote Originally Posted by Mkc451 View Post
    Likewise, why would any individual member of a gun club take on the liability to buy/acquire firearms in their name that will actually be club property?

#19: SPORTSMEN’S CLUB/SHOOTING CLUB FIREARMS OWNERSHIP

Submitted by: Jack Letho, Individual Member

MUCC will work with the Federal Government, Michigan Legislature and the Governor’s office to enact legislation that will legally allow organized, incorporated sportsmen’s clubs and/or shooting clubs to register firearms owned by the club.

Hey Jackam, If you have contacts at the MUCC. Proposal #1 is extremely short sighted. I don't understand why they would endorse one certain youth shooting program over all others? They should endorse ALL youth shooting programs.

Also, according to our Athletic Director, the MHSAA will not support any "virtual" competition, which is how the High School Clay Target League competes.

The SCTP meets all of the requirements and has been in Michigan since 2001, the league the MUCC endorsed is 2 years old.

This resolution was not well thought out.

MGO Board of Directors

Quote Originally Posted by Cletus View Post
    Hey Jackam, If you have contacts at the MUCC...
    I do not have any contacts at all. This info was just gleaned from their email blasts that I receive.

Having said that - let's get to the meat of your post.

It appears that their resolution IS short-sighted if what you say is correct. This is where MGO, an MUCC affilliate member, should step up and lobby hard. This would fit right in with our mission statement.
    I don't think we have an appointed MGO rep to specifically deal with MUCC. Maybe we need one.

And if we did have a rep and fought for this change, we'd have to do it one year from now as a resolution proposal, and then be at the MUCC annual meeting to argue our case.

If a bill gets introduced, there will be testimony accepted and MGO should be prepared for that day too (if it happens.)

I don't see this as something that requires immediate attention, but it is something that we should do.

Let's get the MGO house in order and NOT let this go by the wayside.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast