Welcome to MGO's Internet Discussion Forums…Please Consider Becoming a Dues-Paying Member of the ORG…Click >>>>>HERE<<<<< for more info…………****DONATIONS**** can also be made toward MGO's Legal Defense Fund and/or MGO's Forums >>>>>HERE<<<<<

Firearms Legal Protection

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    MGO Board of Directors

MUCC Proposed Resolution 14 - Mandatory Deer Registration

" Michigan United Conservation Clubs work with the DNR and the Natural Resource Commission to enact a mandatory deer check system that is supported with penalties for those that ignore this requirement. This system should entertain these or similar steps:

• Simple call in system with predetermined basic questions such as your ID, animal description, method of take, area of take and any other simple question that may be useful such as "Do you hunt out of State and why?"
    • On line system that will complement the call-in system as another means of reporting.
    • Historic drive-in check stations where available that again will maintain the check in requirement.

The deer will need to be registered within 24 hours of harvest OR 24 hours of returning home from camp (to accommodate remote camps where access to phone, internet etc is not reasonable)

Impose penalties for those that do not register"

Whattaya Deer hunters think?

When I first started turkey hunting, it was mandatory that you take your bird into a DNR station after tagging it and get it registered, and then affixing a second tag to the bird.

What additional herd info would this give them?
    "But then there are plenty of gun folks who think no one should rock the boat because it might piss off the anti gun crowd/politicians and cause even more gun control." - Bikenut
    Submissive gun rights advocates need to lose their submissiveness before we lose our 2A rights.

MGO Board of Directors

I don't like the "Mandatory' and the "Penalties"

Will it be mandatory for the indians?

I am a Forum User
    Used this system in Indiana in 2017. Pretty easy. When DNR publishes "harvest numbers" I always roll my eyes, since they have no idea if I filled a tag or not, unless I go through CWD testing or some other (usually optional) process. So I'd be ok with this, just because of the better quality numbers that would be generated.

MGO Board of Directors

I've often wondered why the DNR didn't do something like this instead of relying on Springtime deer dropping counts and Mackinac Bridge toll taker counts.

Perhaps they could increase the license fee another couple of dollars to help fund this.
    "But then there are plenty of gun folks who think no one should rock the boat because it might piss off the anti gun crowd/politicians and cause even more gun control." - Bikenut
    Submissive gun rights advocates need to lose their submissiveness before we lose our 2A rights.

MGO Board of Directors

Quote Originally Posted by luckless View Post
    Will it be mandatory for the indians?
    The baseball team?

Quote Originally Posted by Jackam View Post
    The baseball team?
    No. The deer hunters that are 60% of the population in my area. Won't be a very accurate count. Just another burden for the rest of us.

Honestly, I haven't found a good use for the MUCC.

I am a Forum User
    Quote Originally Posted by luckless View Post
    No. The deer hunters that are 60% of the population in my area. Won't be a very accurate count. Just another burden for the rest of us.

Honestly, I haven't found a good use for the MUCC.
    Dealing with tags is already a burden.

I am a Forum User
    Adding rules and regulations is always bad in my mind.

Voluntary education & freedom to make the wrong choices is my preferred method.

MGO Board of Directors

Quote Originally Posted by wrinkledshirt View Post
    Dealing with tags is already a burden.
    The DNR sends me my tags each year through the mail. They are the same color, but just a tad different than the ones that are printed off at sporting goods stores. It is UNBELIEVABLE how difficult it is to notch it out and not disturb the choice to the left or right of it. The average license is much easier to do.

I hate tagging a deer because of that reason.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast