Welcome to MGO's Internet Discussion Forums…Please Consider Becoming a Dues-Paying Member of the ORG…Click >>>>>HERE<<<<< for more info…………****DONATIONS**** can also be made toward MGO's Legal Defense Fund and/or MGO's Forums >>>>>HERE<<<<<

Firearms Legal Protection

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    I am a Forum User
    Quote Originally Posted by Jackam View Post
    The DNR sends me my tags each year through the mail. They are the same color, but just a tad different than the ones that are printed off at sporting goods stores. It is UNBELIEVABLE how difficult it is to notch it out and not disturb the choice to the left or right of it. The average license is much easier to do.

I hate tagging a deer because of that reason.
    Yes. So if you're getting them through the mail, then (I assume) you're ahead of the curve and getting your license online. When I did this in Indiana, there was no "mailing of physical tags" that was itself a burden because you had to keep track of the tag. You get a number, and use that number to call in a kill or jot it down on a homemade kill tag which you later entered online. The state doesn't have to deal in physical tags anymore, and they get better numbers on total harvest. Can't say this system is what is exactly proposed, but it sounds similar and makes sense.

SW of Grand Rapids, surrounded by chickens, Detroit some weekends.
    I’ve no use for further burdensome regulation and nonsensical penalties from the DNR or the MUCC, if they’d consider repealing the fruitless and non research based ban on feeding I’d think momentarily about assisting them in collecting data on hunter success, but not if it’s mandatory.
    “Cui prodest?” Lucius Annaeus Seneca

MGO Board of Directors

Quote Originally Posted by balrog006 View Post
    if they’d consider repealing the fruitless and non research based ban on feeding
    Proposed Resolution #05
    SUPPORT FOR RESEARCH INTO CWD MANAGEMENT BEST PRACTICES

"MUCC encourage and support the efforts of the NRC and DNR to perform research into determining the best CWD management approaches for Michigan’s CWD Management Zones, and any additional areas where the CWD threat is identified with surveillance, until sufficient data have been generated as to its effectiveness, and MUCC should stress the importance of population control and the role of the hunter/conservationist in this effort and encourage the issuance of additional doe permits and the establishment of doe harvest goals, where advisable, to decrease the density of susceptible deer, and MUCC remain involved in the design of any field studies in consultation with the biologists of the DNR and other wildlife disease authorities."
    "But then there are plenty of gun folks who think no one should rock the boat because it might piss off the anti gun crowd/politicians and cause even more gun control." - Bikenut
    Submissive gun rights advocates need to lose their submissiveness before we lose our 2A rights.

I am a Forum User
    Proposed Resolution #05
    SUPPORT FOR RESEARCH INTO CWD MANAGEMENT BEST PRACTICES

"MUCC encourage and support the efforts of the NRC and DNR to perform research into determining the best CWD management approaches for Michigan’s CWD Management Zones, and any additional areas where the CWD threat is identified with surveillance, until sufficient data have been generated as to its effectiveness, and MUCC should stress the importance of population control and the role of the hunter/conservationist in this effort and encourage the issuance of additional doe permits and the establishment of doe harvest goals, where advisable, to decrease the density of susceptible deer, and MUCC remain involved in the design of any field studies in consultation with the biologists of the DNR and other wildlife disease authorities."
    what a crock of ca-ca.

The DNR, and NRC are, by law, required to use the "best scientific management". They choose to instead,
    make decisions and policy based on the money thrown their way from various interest groups.

for example.. " MUCC should stress the importance of population control and the role of the hunter/conservationist in this effort and encourage the issuance of additional doe permits and the establishment of doe harvest goals, where advisable, to decrease the density of susceptible deer... " This is STRAIGHT out of the trophy-hunters handbook ( AKA Mich QDMA ), and has ZERO scientific or field based research to support it.

I am a Forum User
    I've often wondered why the DNR didn't do something like this instead of relying on Springtime deer dropping counts and Mackinac Bridge toll taker counts.

Perhaps they could increase the license fee another couple of dollars to help fund this.
    If they increase the license fee for this BS I'm done deer hunting in this state, it's bad enough MUCC would want us to report any kills to them raising license fee's for it is a slap in the face.

MGO Board of Directors

Did not pass
    "But then there are plenty of gun folks who think no one should rock the boat because it might piss off the anti gun crowd/politicians and cause even more gun control." - Bikenut
    Submissive gun rights advocates need to lose their submissiveness before we lose our 2A rights.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12