Welcome to MGO's Internet Discussion Forums…Please Consider Becoming a Dues-Paying Member of the ORG…Click >>>>>HERE<<<<< for more info…………****DONATIONS**** can also be made toward MGO's Legal Defense Fund and/or MGO's Forums >>>>>HERE<<<<<

Firearms Legal Protection

5.11 tactical series belt.

I blew it out, took about 1.5 years.

I just called 5.11 warranty and customer service. They said its normal wear and tear and lifetime warranty is not applicable.

I cant say I am very impressed that 1.5 years possibly two years time (but i have three of these belts, I keep them in sepperate pants as ill wear a pair of pants more than once if they did not get dirty). By my calculation it was about 6-8 months of honest wear and tear.

That is hardly a lifetime.

I would feel bad returning something that is 20 years old that I wore the heck out of. But this is the poly insert blowing out at the belt holes.

it looks sorta like this, different color brown, same rivet that says 5.11 tactical etc.

save your money and don't buy one with the poly rib sandwitched between leather. Its not a great design.

MGO Member
    It sounds like my experience with Cabelas life time warranty, good until you need it.

Quote Originally Posted by pathfinder 101 View Post
    It sounds like my experience with Cabelas life time warranty, good until you need it.
    they reject you on a belt, or what was it ?

What was their excuse ?

SW of Grand Rapids, surrounded by chickens, Detroit some weekends.
    I wonder if that’s a symptom of the newer products, I have 2 of these belts. One black and one brown, I’ve had them for going on 4 years at least, possibly more-the brown one’s finish is wearing some but otherwise they’re still perfect.
    “Cui prodest?” Lucius Annaeus Seneca

Quote Originally Posted by balrog006 View Post
    I wonder if that’s a symptom of the newer products, I have 2 of these belts. One black and one brown, I’ve had them for going on 4 years at least, possibly more-the brown one’s finish is wearing some but otherwise they’re still perfect.
    are yours poly lined ?

Mine are 4 years old or older, just got around to wearing them lately. I had other belts.

I scored 4 of them on a deal of the day site super cheap, like 3 bucks. I didnt have anything in them, but still disappointing their warranty is so weak, no disclaimer or specific conditions I did not meet.

They could easily inspect them and see their poly liner blew out at the belt notch, it clearly rips and spreads, rest of the belt is fine, they might need to join to polys, or use a better non ripping compound.

SW of Grand Rapids, surrounded by chickens, Detroit some weekends.
    Quote Originally Posted by dirtmcgirt76239 View Post
    are yours poly lined ?

Mine are 4 years old or older, just got around to wearing them lately. I had other belts.

I scored 4 of them on a deal of the day site super cheap, like 3 bucks. I didnt have anything in them, but still disappointing their warranty is so weak, no disclaimer or specific conditions I did not meet.

They could easily inspect them and see their poly liner blew out at the belt notch, it clearly rips and spreads, rest of the belt is fine, they might need to join to polys, or use a better non ripping compound.
    Yup they have the poly liner/stiffener in them to help hold the weight of a holstered weapon in place and not flop around. They took some time to break in, they were stiff as all heck for the first year of wear. The brown one I’m wearing today doesn’t seem to be showing any signs of tear thru of either the poly stiffener or the leather covering nor do I see any delamination even at the holes.

Do yours have the elastic “pocket” at the inside center for a cuff key?

I almost wonder if yours were genuine, I know several people with these belts and have never heard of your issues-perhaps that’s the source of the resistance in honoring the warranty-your story about the price you got them for has me wondering.
    “Cui prodest?” Lucius Annaeus Seneca

Quote Originally Posted by balrog006 View Post
    Yup they have the poly liner/stiffener in them to help hold the weight of a holstered weapon in place and not flop around. They took some time to break in, they were stiff as all heck for the first year of wear. The brown one I’m wearing today doesn’t seem to be showing any signs of tear thru of either the poly stiffener or the leather covering nor do I see any delamination even at the holes.

Do yours have the elastic “pocket” at the inside center for a cuff key?

I almost wonder if yours were genuine, I know several people with these belts and have never heard of your issues-perhaps that’s the source of the resistance in honoring the warranty-your story about the price you got them for has me wondering.
    we didnt even get to the genuine part, the labels and the engraving on the rivet look legit. Good stitching etc, it looked good quality, not hacky fake. But just did not last long, I was expecting to buy 3, gave one to my dad, and use the remaining two for something like ten years.

Fell way short.

No cuff key. No elastic.