Welcome to MGO's Internet Discussion Forums…Please Consider Becoming a Dues-Paying Member of the ORG…Click >>>>>HERE<<<<< for more info…………****DONATIONS**** can also be made toward MGO's Legal Defense Fund and/or MGO's Forums >>>>>HERE<<<<<

KROGER

I am a Forum User

USPSA Soft Cover

4.1.4.2 Cover provided merely to obscure targets is considered soft cover. Shots which have passed through soft cover and which strike a scoring target will score. Shots that have passed through soft cover before hitting a no-shoot will be penalized. All scoring zones on targets hidden by soft cover must be left wholly intact. Targets obscured by soft cover must either be visible through the soft cover or a portion of the affected target(s) must be visible from around or over the soft cover.
    Is a plastic barrel considered soft cover? If I clip a barrel does the hit still count?
    Last edited by eightbit; 06-18-2019 at 09:50 PM. Reason: removed formatting

9.1.6 Unless specifically described as “soft cover” (see Rule 4.1.4.2) in the written stage briefing, all props, walls, barriers, vision screens and other obstacles are deemed to be impenetrable “hard cover.”
    I have never seen a barrel designated as soft cover. Usually it is something like burlap sheets, or t-shirts, or similar. I don't see it too often at matches, but soft cover does show up occasionally. That said, for the hit to not count, it has to strike wholly within the hard over and continue on to strike the target behind it (9.1.6.1). If the hit in the hard cover only partially hits the hard cover, the hit on the target will count.

I am a Forum User
    What is this cover you speak of????
    *** "COVER "...at least that is what
    the hot shitt bullet hoser IPSC shooters
    do at 'Coon Hunters.

Joe