Welcome to MGO's Internet Discussion Forums…Please Consider Becoming a Dues-Paying Member of the ORG…Click >>>>>HERE<<<<< for more info…………****DONATIONS**** can also be made toward MGO's Legal Defense Fund and/or MGO's Forums >>>>>HERE<<<<<

Firearms Legal Protection

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Disconnect a Magazine Disconnect

I have a Ruger EC9S 9mm that I bought last year for EDC. This is the only firearm that I've ever had that has a magazine disconnect "feature". Does anybody have experience in removing these? I'll probably have a gunsmith do it if it isn't taboo.

My reason is that I genuinely feel less safe operating this thing. All of my previous experience tells me that the weapon should function regardless of an inserted magazine. This applies to disassembly, function check, malfunctions, and everything else. It's also very annoying if I'm at the range and I forgot my bright orange dummy magazine at home.

Any thoughts/advice? Any laws in MI that prohibit this?
    WARNING: This member can expose you to Lead, which is known to the State of California to cause cancer and birth defects or other reproductive harm.

Just watched a couple videos. This is an easy DIY, really not any harder than the 5 minute removal of the magazine safety on a Browning High Power.

There are no laws preventing you from doing this. If you were closer, I'd invite you over to the RifleGuy Memorial Workshop & Brothel; we could knock out the work on the pistol then throw some dead animal parts on the grill.

But, if you are not confident in achieving the results you are after, there is no shame in having a local gunsmith do it for you.

Let us know how it feels once the work is done. Interested in your perceptions of before and after.

Good luck!
    Life is too serious to take too seriously.
    DISCLAIMER: The opinions expressed in my posts are my own and do not necessarily reflect the opinions, views, or official policies of Michigan Gun Owners.

NRA Certified Range Safety Officer
    Celebrate Recovery! Member & Group Coach

Quote Originally Posted by RifleGuy View Post
    Just watched a couple videos. This is an easy DIY, really not any harder than the 5 minute removal of the magazine safety on a Browning High Power.

There are no laws preventing you from doing this. If you were closer, I'd invite you over to the RifleGuy Memorial Workshop & Brothel; we could knock out the work on the pistol then throw some dead animal parts on the grill.

But, if you are not confident in achieving the results you are after, there is no shame in having a local gunsmith do it for you.

Let us know how it feels once the work is done. Interested in your perceptions of before and after.

Good luck!
    Thanks for the invite! I have a strict policy of only grilling dead animals and I'm glad that you feel the same! Are you allowed to carry in your brothel? I'm not sure that the law has addressed that. I'll wait for the next AG opinion to come out.

I'm certainly a fan of watching videos and doing it myself, I'll give it a shot. I'll let you know how it all goes either way.
    WARNING: This member can expose you to Lead, which is known to the State of California to cause cancer and birth defects or other reproductive harm.

I am a Forum User
    I have a LC9 that I removed it on. I watched a couple you tubes on it and it was pretty simple if I remember correct.

Quote Originally Posted by 11B4PF7 View Post
    <snip> Are you allowed to carry in your brothel? <snip>
    Not only allowed, but encouraged. O/C or C/C; dealer's choice.
    Life is too serious to take too seriously.
    DISCLAIMER: The opinions expressed in my posts are my own and do not necessarily reflect the opinions, views, or official policies of Michigan Gun Owners.

NRA Certified Range Safety Officer
    Celebrate Recovery! Member & Group Coach

Quote Originally Posted by FishinJoe View Post
    I have a LC9 that I removed it on. I watched a couple you tubes on it and it was pretty simple if I remember correct.
    That is very encouraging, thanks!

Kinky.

MGO Board of Directors

Trustee

can confirm.
    RifleGuy did not pat me down or tell me his garage was a pistol free area.
    But last I heard, it was palais du rifleguy... is memorial workshp and brothel an upgrade or a downgrade?
    DISCLAIMER: Disclaimer. The opinions expressed in this post are those of the author, DrScaryGuy. They do not purport to reflect the opinions or views of MGO, its board of directors, or its members.

Quote Originally Posted by DrScaryGuy View Post
    can confirm.
    RifleGuy did not pat me down or tell me his garage was a pistol free area.
    But last I heard, it was palais du rifleguy... is memorial workshp and brothel an upgrade or a downgrade?
    I would only assume that he is following the traditions of our Canadian neighbors and posting his name in French as well.

Sorry, I meant neighbours.

I am a Forum User
    I removed mine when I had an EC9S

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast