Welcome to MGO's Internet Discussion Forums…Please Consider Becoming a Dues-Paying Member of the ORG…Click >>>>>HERE<<<<< for more info…………****DONATIONS**** can also be made toward MGO's Legal Defense Fund and/or MGO's Forums >>>>>HERE<<<<<

KROGER

Page 1 of 13 1234511 ... LastLast
    MGO Board of Directors

Board Ordered Removal of a Forums Super Moderator

Today, we (Forums Administrators) were directly ORDERED to remove Jackam as a Forums Super Moderator.

We (Forums Administrators), who are responsible for the operations of the forums, including choosing moderators as we see fit, were NOT consulted in any way prior to this decision being made on our behalf. Why? Because this decision had NOTHING to do with Jack's performance as a MODERATOR. Jack was our most active and one of our best moderators and conducted himself in a professional manner in the performance of those duties.

Per the board's order (4/3 split vote), Jack has been relieved of his duties as a Forums Super Moderator.

-Admin
    Don't let yesterday use up too much of today - Will Rogers
    DISCLAIMER: The opinions expressed in my posts are my own and do not necessarily reflect the opinions, views, or official policies of Michigan Gun Owners.

I am a Forum User
    Quote Originally Posted by PhotoTom View Post
    Because this decision had NOTHING to do with Jack's performance as a MODERATOR.
    I guess the BOD didn't take too kindly to his Ask the Candidates post, eh?

MGO Board of Directors

Quote Originally Posted by Scoop View Post
    Correct, 100%.

Jack was NOT speaking as a Moderator in the above referenced post, rather he was using his voice as a MEMBER of the organization, which nobody is should be required to relinquish when they agree to volunteer to be a forums moderator. As far as his conduct as a MODERATOR, we have pages and pages of documented evidence (warnings/infractions issued) that he was an excellent moderator, and by far, our most active.

If we didn't have a documented procedure in the Bylaws for Membership revocation that involves much more than 4 people saying "remove him", I would fully expect to see that happen next.

Remember "the other gun organization" that didn't like people questioning their ethics…the one that booted them from the forums, banished them from the organization and threatened to sue them? That's the direction MGO is heading if we don't see some significant changes next month in who is running the organization.
    DISCLAIMER: The opinions expressed in my posts are my own and do not necessarily reflect the opinions, views, or official policies of Michigan Gun Owners.

Exactly.

Some BOD decided that his personal criticism of them, made as a member, violated the procedure that outlines his duties as a moderator.

Michigan Gun Owners Policies and Procedures Manual
    14.1 Administrator and Moderator Guidelines
    MGO Administrators and Moderators are expected to be level headed, nonconfrontational and non-adversarial whenever possible. Administrators and Moderators should be "tolerant" of the diverse opinion base and social makeup of our users. They represent the organization and all conduct and communication should be professional in nature.
    As members, this should serve as an alarming wake up call. Especially to anyone who remembers why this organization was created. We've just taken another huge step closer, to history repeating itself.

The meeting minutes will show how the sitting BOD members voted. Your vote this year may be the deciding factor between continuing down this road, or a new better direction.

Vote wisely.
    The Constitution is NOT dead. It's just being held captive.

I am a Forum User
    Jack was NOT speaking as a Moderator in the above referenced post, rather he was using his voice as a MEMBER of the organization, which nobody is should be required to relinquish when they agree to volunteer to be a forums moderator.
    I agree 100%.

If that post was the reason he was removed as a moderator, then that was a total bogus decision by the BOD. Very unprofessional.

I am a Forum User
    Correct, 100%.

Jack was NOT speaking as a Moderator in the above referenced post, rather he was using his voice as a MEMBER of the organization, which nobody is should be required to relinquish when they agree to volunteer to be a forums moderator. As far as his conduct as a MODERATOR, we have pages and pages of documented evidence (warnings/infractions issued) that he was an excellent moderator, and by far, our most active.

If we didn't have a documented procedure in the Bylaws for Membership revocation that involves much more than 4 people saying "remove him", I would fully expect to see that happen next.

Remember "the other gun organization" that didn't like people questioning their ethics…the one that booted them from the forums, banished them from the organization and threatened to sue them? That's the direction MGO is heading if we don't see some significant changes next month in who is running the organization.
    It is NOT 100% correct, that is ONLY YOUR OPINION!

MGO Board of Directors

Quote Originally Posted by dougwg View Post
    Which you care nothing about, as you stated loud and clear…

Quote Originally Posted by PhotoTom
    Why was this decision made without ANY input from the Forums Management Team (Admins)?
    Quote Originally Posted by Dougwg
    Because it is un-needed. Including the "Management Team" would only serve to prolong the inevitable (for or against) and waste time.

I am a Forum User
    Quote Originally Posted by G22 View Post

Michigan Gun Owners Policies and Procedures Manual
    14.1 Administrator and Moderator Guidelines
    MGO Administrators and Moderators are expected to be level headed, nonconfrontational and non-adversarial whenever possible. Administrators and Moderators should be "tolerant" of the diverse opinion base and social makeup of our users. They represent the organization and all conduct and communication should be professional in nature.
    I find it rather interesting that the "Administrators and Moderators should be "tolerant" of the diverse opinion base ... of our users", but the BOD (apparently) doesn't have to be tolerant of same.

I am a Forum User
    Quote Originally Posted by dougwg View Post
    Out of curiosity, exactly which part(s) of PhotoTom's post was/were "... NOT 100% correct ..."?

I am a Forum User
    It was in reference to what you posted. Your statement is not accurate. PhotoTom responded that it was 100% correct to which I responded that it was not.

Page 1 of 13 1234511 ... LastLast