Welcome to MGO's Internet Discussion Forums…Please Consider Becoming a Dues-Paying Member of the ORG…Click >>>>>HERE<<<<< for more info…………****DONATIONS**** can also be made toward MGO's Legal Defense Fund and/or MGO's Forums >>>>>HERE<<<<<

Firearms Legal Protection

Page 2 of 13 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast
    Legal Forum Contributor / Super Moderator SteveS's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by G22 View Post
    As members, this should serve as an alarming wake up call. Especially to anyone who remembers why this organization was created. We've just taken another huge step closer, to history repeating itself.
    I am not one to say the sky is falling or to panic, but I will say that this happening very much reminds me of how things started when MCRGO imploded.
    Opinions and comments made by me on this forum should not be considered legal advice.

I am a Forum User
    Quote Originally Posted by dougwg View Post
    It was in reference to what you posted. Your statement is not accurate. PhotoTom responded that it was 100% correct to which I responded that it was not.
    So the BOD had no problem with with Jackam's Ask the Candidates post and it played no part in his removal as moderator?

Quote Originally Posted by SteveS View Post
    I am not one to say the sky is falling or to panic, but I will say that this happening very much reminds me of how things started when MCRGO imploded.
    I know you're not Steve. But you see the writing on the wall.
    The Constitution is NOT dead. It's just being held captive.

DISCLAIMER: The opinions expressed in my posts are my own and do not necessarily reflect the opinions, views, or official policies of Michigan Gun Owners.

Quote Originally Posted by Scoop View Post
    I guess the BOD didn't take too kindly to his Ask the Candidates post, eh?
    No, we did not take kindly to the way he represented MGO in multiple occasions, including the one you linked(although it has been edited from the original post). Those of us with titles do not simply get to take off our MGO hat and be a member. Rather, we are ALWAYS seen as the title we hold, regardless of what disclosers we may add.

Jack's outlandish comments and disregard for the AUP are what landed him here. He has made threats in PM as well as making wild accusations without any bearing evidence. This is not how a Moderator should act.

That is how we came to this conclusion.

Quote Originally Posted by PhotoTom View Post
    Which you care nothing about, as you stated loud and clear…
    And now you are sharing exact quotes from a BoD/Admin only thread...

Why not show the membership the rest of the Admin threads since you are at it? You know, where some(not all) admins/moderators bash members using words like "**********" and "**** him".

How about sharing Jackam's PMs while you're at it? Since nothing on MGO is private apparently...

Membership, the above is why the BoD requested READ access to the entire forum. We were looking to be sure the AUP and other rules were being followed accordingly since the honor system seemed to have failed, evidenced by what I said above. Instead, Tom would like you all to believe that we(the BoD) are just nosey and want full control over the forum,which is not true. The BoD would simply like OVERSIGHT of an MGO asset, which we do not fully have currently and had even less of before we gained READ access to the Admin/Moderator sections. We do NOT have access to anything EC related, to be completely clear.
    Last edited by Cocowheats; 06-20-2019 at 03:02 PM.

MGO Board of Directors

Quote Originally Posted by Cocowheats View Post
    And now you are sharing things from a BoD/Admin only thread...

Why not show the membership the rest of the Admin threads since you are at it? You know, where some(not all) admins/moderators bash members using words like "**********" and "**** him".

How about sharing Jackam's PMs while you're at it? Since nothing on MGO is private apparently...
    We don't have access to other's PMs.

The "**********" thing that you are referencing was a long-running "joke" between moderators. We called each other **********s as part of that running joke. Believe it or not, when you are running an internet forum, there will be one or two frequently difficult participants now and again…and the mods sometimes just need to blow off some steam here and there.

Was it "appropriate"? Nope. We were called-out on it and the joke is long since over.
    Don't let yesterday use up too much of today - Will Rogers
    DISCLAIMER: The opinions expressed in my posts are my own and do not necessarily reflect the opinions, views, or official policies of Michigan Gun Owners.

I am a Forum User
    Quote Originally Posted by PhotoTom View Post
    We don't have access to other's PMs.

The "**********" thing that you are referencing was a long-running "joke" between moderators. We called each other **********s as part of that running joke. Believe it or not, when you are running an internet forum, there will be one or two frequently difficult participants now and again…and the mods sometimes just need to blow off some steam here and there.

Was it "appropriate"? Nope. We were called-out on it and the joke is long since over.
    Show me where in the Bylaws, P&P or CoC that if its a joke it's ok to call a member or members "**********s". And it was not just "each other" it was in reference to MGO Members!

I am a Forum User
    Quote Originally Posted by dougwg View Post
    Show me where in the Bylaws, P&P or CoC that if its a joke it's ok to call a member or members "**********s". And it was not just "each other" it was in reference to MGO Members!
    Since everyones airing dirty laundry...

This is going to be a legit (not trying to take a shot at you or insult you) question.

Is it in the bylaws that BOD members will be removed if they have an ND? I personally think that's asinine but Im curious if there is truth to that statement.

MGO Board of Directors

Quote Originally Posted by TylerV76 View Post
    Since everyones airing dirty laundry...

This is going to be a legit (not trying to take a shot at you or insult you) question.

Is it in the bylaws that BOD members will be removed if they have an ND? I personally think that's asinine but Im curious if there is truth to that statement.
    Not exactly…

Section 3.03 Board of Directors Removal
    (a) Any or all of the members of the Board of Directors may be removed from the Board, with or without cause, by a majority vote of all members of the Corporation who are present and voting in person; or by absentee ballot.
    Membership revocation, in general:
    Section 2.03 The organization may, in accordance with the policy and procedures in effect and published in the organization's official Policies and Procedures manual at least 30 days in advance of the removal/revocation process, revoke the membership of anyone convicted of a felony, of any crime involving dishonesty, theft, or the abuse/neglect of firearms, or who performs an action that is detrimental to the organization.
    Don't let yesterday use up too much of today - Will Rogers

I am a Forum User
    Section 2.03 The organization may, in accordance with the policy and procedures in effect and published in the organization's official Policies and Procedures manual at least 30 days in advance of the removal/revocation process, revoke the membership of anyone convicted of a felony, of any crime involving dishonesty, theft, or the abuse/neglect of firearms, or who performs an action that is detrimental to the organization
    That is the relevant section that you are referring to.

Notice that it says anyone "convicted of a felony".

The member that keeps mischaracterizing this and bringing it up must have failed to read the whole section.

Page 2 of 13 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast