Welcome to MGO's Internet Discussion Forums…Please Consider Becoming a Dues-Paying Member of the ORG…Click >>>>>HERE<<<<< for more info…………****DONATIONS**** can also be made toward MGO's Legal Defense Fund and/or MGO's Forums >>>>>HERE<<<<<

Firearms Legal Protection

Page 3 of 13 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast
    I am a Forum User
    Quote Originally Posted by PhotoTom View Post
    Not exactly…

Membership revocation, in general:
    Quote Originally Posted by dougwg View Post
    That is the relevant section that you are referring to.

Notice that it says anyone "convicted of a felony".

The member that keeps mischaracterizing this and bringing it up must have failed to read the whole section.
    Appreciate the definition. Wasnt stated that way when it was mentioned the other day and Ive been curious about it.

So MGO and the forum are not separate and DO represent each other.

I thought we were told the opposite.

Quote Originally Posted by PhotoTom View Post
    We don't have access to other's PMs.

The "**********" thing that you are referencing was a long-running "joke" between moderators. We called each other **********s as part of that running joke. Believe it or not, when you are running an internet forum, there will be one or two frequently difficult participants now and again…and the mods sometimes just need to blow off some steam here and there.

Was it "appropriate"? Nope. We were called-out on it and the joke is long since over.
    As Doug noted, it was beyond personal jokes between mods/admins. Inappropriate comments, like I outlined, have been made on MGO forums by mods/admins towards members of MGO behind closed doors. It's obvious that those involved thought the rules need not apply where membership can not see. One of these people are now running for an elected Board seat!

Again, this is what pretty much what prompted the request for the BoD to be able to have READ access to the entire forum....what Tom likes to call "the BoD being nosey". Pshh, ok Tom.

Quote Originally Posted by Coctailer View Post

I wish it were as you just said(as in separated) but it seemingly gets harder and harder to draw that line. Sigh...

Quote Originally Posted by Coctailer View Post

My understanding of the matter:

The forums operate independent of the BoD and/or organization.
    But, MGO is a 501(c)3 Corporation. The BoD is ultimately legally responsible for all actions of any aspect of the corporation. The forums are a sub group of MGO, so they do have parental authority.

My daughter is 23, lives in my house, but she doesn't ask permission to go places, see people, etc. She pays for her car, her insurance, her phone, her clothes, etc., even pays rent, so she is independent... but it's still my house so there are some rules; no males in her room, no drugs/alcohol, and a zero tolerance policy on rap music.

It's kinda like that.
    Life is too serious to take too seriously.
    DISCLAIMER: The opinions expressed in my posts are my own and do not necessarily reflect the opinions, views, or official policies of Michigan Gun Owners.

NRA Certified Range Safety Officer
    Celebrate Recovery! Member & Group Coach

Quote Originally Posted by RifleGuy View Post
    My understanding of the matter:

The forums operate independent of the BoD and/or organization.
    But, MGO is a 501(c)3 Corporation. The BoD is ultimately legally responsible for all actions of any aspect of the corporation. The forums are a sub group of MGO, so they do have parental authority.

My daughter is 23, lives in my house, but she doesn't ask permission to go places, see people, etc. She pays for her car, her insurance, her phone, her clothes, etc., even pays rent, so she is independent... but it's still my house so there are some rules; no males in her room, no drugs/alcohol, and a zero tolerance policy on rap music.

It's kinda like that.
    While I doubt you do this, you probably reserve the right to go through her room, if you saw fit to do so. Correct?

That's what the BoD wanted from READ only access to the entire forum. We wanted the right to see what goes on in our home! We have been denied that...

Imagine if your daughter could deny you access to a room in YOUR home....

Quote Originally Posted by Cocowheats View Post
    As Doug noted, it was beyond personal jokes between mods/admins. Inappropriate comments, like I outlined, have been made on MGO forums by mods/admins towards members of MGO behind closed doors. It's obvious that those involved thought the rules need not apply where membership can not see. One of these people are now running for an elected Board seat!

Again, this is what pretty much what prompted the request for the BoD to be able to have READ access to the entire forum....what Tom likes to call "the BoD being nosey". Pshh, ok Tom.
    We, the forum staff, engaged in 'locker room' talk. It was wrong; I'll not make excuses. We were out of line. We meant no harm, it was not done maliciously. There were a few personalities that had tweaked the noses of every one of the Admin's and Moderators. Our response was inappropriate, a poor reflection upon the Organization which has invested it's trust in us, and a failure to the Membership we are supposed to assist and serve.
    On behalf of the forum staff, I apologize to the BoD, the entirety of the MGO membership, and all participants of the forums. We failed to maintain integrity, failed to execute our responsibilities in a professional manner. We ask forgiveness, we ask that we be allowed to put this behind us, and we ask that we be allowed to again earn the trust, and hopefully respect of the BoD, the Membership,and the forum participants.

We made a poor choice, we regret the damage it has done, and we would be grateful if we could move forward and not have our noses rubbed in it further.

Thank you for your time and consideration.

-Tim
    DISCLAIMER: The opinions expressed in my posts are my own and do not necessarily reflect the opinions, views, or official policies of Michigan Gun Owners.

While I doubt you do this, you probably reserve the right to go through her room, if you saw fit to do so. Correct?

That's what the BoD wanted from READ only access to the entire forum. We wanted the right to see what goes on in our home! We have been denied that...

Imagine if your daughter could deny you access to a room in YOUR home....
    Yes Sir, that was the point I was trying, poorly, to make. If I thought the RifleKid was up to <insert pet offense here> in her room I'd boot the door in and clean house. At some level the BoD has to have that same oversight capability. But if I, or the BoD, are in that room every week making 'suggestions', we have assumed control and have ended independent operation.

While I understand that this is a rather heated discussion mostly about things I don't have a full understanding of I will make this comment.....

Stop using profane language please! It is unseemly and very bad optics to have the top guys violate forum rules. I have no doubt as to what would happen if I (an ordinary forum user who mailed a check for membership a couple of days ago) were to use, or even quote, that word. And you all know which word I am referring to.

Airing complaints and disagreements can be productive if done in a polite and reasonable manner. But when the top people start violating their own forum rules it reflects poorly on the entire organization.

MGO Board of Directors

You are referring to me. Are you sure you have your fact straight? I'm not.

What you are referencing was a comment made by a Moderator…and it wasn't Jack.
    Don't let yesterday use up too much of today - Will Rogers

Page 3 of 13 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast