Welcome to MGO's Internet Discussion Forums…Please Consider Becoming a Dues-Paying Member of the ORG…Click >>>>>HERE<<<<< for more info…………****DONATIONS**** can also be made toward MGO's Legal Defense Fund and/or MGO's Forums >>>>>HERE<<<<<

KROGER

MGO Member

Stainless Beretta 92, Slide mounted safety, Made in Brazil

I purchased a unique firearm today.

It's a Beretta 92 In Stainless with a Frame Mounted Safety and Grip mounted Mag release.

It's basiclly a Beretta marked Taurus....but its a a real deal Beretta.

Anyone know anything about these?

I am a Forum User
    from the look at it it reminds me of the Beretta 92S with the short front sight and the low button mag release.. Nice gun.. tell us how it shoots..

Per Wikipedia

"In the 1970s, Beretta also started a manufacturing plant in São Paulo, Brazil. A contract between Beretta and the Brazilian government was signed, under which Beretta produced Beretta 92s for the Brazilian Army until 1980. Later this plant was sold to Taurus, who continues to manufacture the Beretta 92 under the name of PT92 using the same tools and labour which Beretta used, without the need for a license from Beretta, since the design is based on the original Beretta 92, for which the patents are expired.[15]"

MGO Member
    Quote Originally Posted by oldmann1967 View Post
    Per Wikipedia

"In the 1970s, Beretta also started a manufacturing plant in São Paulo, Brazil. A contract between Beretta and the Brazilian government was signed, under which Beretta produced Beretta 92s for the Brazilian Army until 1980. Later this plant was sold to Taurus, who continues to manufacture the Beretta 92 under the name of PT92 using the same tools and labour which Beretta used, without the need for a license from Beretta, since the design is based on the original Beretta 92, for which the patents are expired.[15]"

Thanks. I am aware of this. I just find it interesting that it is marked Beretta and not Taurus.