Welcome to MGO's Internet Discussion Forums…Please Consider Becoming a Dues-Paying Member of the ORG…Click >>>>>HERE<<<<< for more info…………****DONATIONS**** can also be made toward MGO's Legal Defense Fund and/or MGO's Forums >>>>>HERE<<<<<

Firearms Legal Protection

Glock 26 trigger pinch

I have 3 Glocks. A 43, 26, and a 17. Of the 3, the 26 pinches my finger. If I'm shooting a lot of rounds with it, I put a bandaid on my trigger finger.
    I've taken fine files to remove burrs and soften edges. Nada.

Any tricks to share? Replace the trigger with.....
    Never, under any circumstances, consume a sleeping pill and laxative on the same night.

SW of Grand Rapids, surrounded by chickens, Detroit some weekends.
    What is doing the pinching? What part of your finger gets pinched?

Once upon a time when I had a 27 I would find that after extended sessions to the range the side of my finger where the nail meets the pad would get pinched in between the trigger and the trigger guard-usually as my hands tired and my recoil management grew more lax ( and just the ergonomics of the fat grip and my not overly large hands), causing the muzzle to flip more and the finger to end up there and get worked over. It never happened as much on my 23 or 17 and now shooting my 43 it has yet to present itself.
    “Cui prodest?” Lucius Annaeus Seneca

MGO Member
    If it has the grooved "target" trigger, you can replace it with the smooth trigger from a 17. I've done the same to my 23s and 27. Simple drop in installation.

MGO Member
    Does it have the stepped trigger? My 29 did that to me and I replaced it with a smooth factory trigger like fast glass suggested.

the side of my finger where the nail meets the pad would get pinched in between the trigger and the trigger guard
    Yes. There.
    The 17 trigger sounds like the answer. I like the way the 17 feels. Don't know why as they're supposed to be the same trigger.
    Thanks
    Last edited by AxlMyk; 06-25-2019 at 12:54 PM.
    Never, under any circumstances, consume a sleeping pill and laxative on the same night.

I am a Forum User
    Quote Originally Posted by AxlMyk View Post
    I have 3 Glocks. A 43, 26, and a 17. Of the 3, the 26 pinches my finger. If I'm shooting a lot of rounds with it, I put a bandaid on my trigger finger.
    I've taken fine files to remove burrs and soften edges. Nada.

Any tricks to share? Replace the trigger with.....
    Some seem to bite and others not so bad.

I have had great luck in removing Glock finger pinch by FIRST identifying the area on the trigger that is causing the pinch or bite. (sometimes the center trigger safety tip is the problem, sometimes the stepped or grooved trigger is the issue, sometimes the trigger just doesn't fit my finger correctly due to angle of the finger on the trigger.

So far is all cases I have been able to remove the finger pinch/bite with a simple X-acto knife.

After I identify the problem area(s) on the trigger or trigger safety I use the X-acto knife to scrape (not cut but simply scrape) on the offending plastic until I get a better finger fit (keep the X-acto at a 90° angle to the part & just scrape the plastic until you get the desired results. (work at it slowly as you can easily remove more but once too much is removed you either need to live with it or replace the trigger)

When I first started playing with Glocks I replaced the serrated triggers with smooth triggers but using the scraping/ re-contouring, scraping rounding the sharp outer edges with an X-acto I have gone back to the serrated triggers (even in my larger Glocks that came with smooth triggers).

I actually like the re-shaped/re-contoured/smoothed serrated trigger better then the factory smooth triggers.

The good part here is if you don't like the results then a new replacement trigger is dirt cheap.

SW of Grand Rapids, surrounded by chickens, Detroit some weekends.
    Quote Originally Posted by AxlMyk View Post
    Yes. There.
    The 17 trigger sounds like the answer. I like the way the 17 feels. Don't know why as they're supposed to be the same trigger.
    Thanks
    I could be wrong about the mechanism that’s actually pinching your finger but I really don’t think a serrated Compact 26/27 trigger vs a smooth Full size 17 style is really the issue. Part of your finger is finding itself between the bottom of the trigger and the trigger guard-this has more to do with grip size and recoil management, pistol weight and felt recoil impulse and that forcing your finger from the center of the trigger to off the bottom where it gets pinched.

It’s a function of the gun and the forces firing it causes. Put a serrated trigger in your 17 and you’ll see it won’t start pinching you. You need to change something about how you shoot the 26 or what you shoot in it. Put on some grip tape or alter your grip so the recoil is better controlled and your finger doesn’t slip into the guard-swap out your ammo for something with a slower push or less snap, try 147g vs 115g or vice versa.
    “Cui prodest?” Lucius Annaeus Seneca

NRA Life member, NRARSO, Howell Gun Club member, MDFI Alum 2019 & 2020, 2023 GOA Life Member. MGO life member.