Welcome to MGO's Internet Discussion Forums…Please Consider Becoming a Dues-Paying Member of the ORG…Click >>>>>HERE<<<<< for more info…………****DONATIONS**** can also be made toward MGO's Legal Defense Fund and/or MGO's Forums >>>>>HERE<<<<<

KROGER

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    I am a Forum User

Gun stolen from MSP employee

https://www.cadillacnews.com/news/ms...681ce3382.html

CADILLAC — The Cadillac Michigan State Police Post is investigating the theft of police equipment including a firearm after the items were reported stolen from a vehicle.

Troopers from the Cadillac Post are investigating the theft that is believed to have happened between 8 p.m. Monday and 10:30 a.m. Tuesday from vehicles parked at a residence near 30 3/4 Road and 39 Road in Wexford County. The items belonged to an MSP employee and were stolen from an unmarked police vehicle and a personal vehicle parked at the employee's residence, according to police.

The stolen items included MSP identification and badges, a Glock pistol, a gear bag and other various personal items, police said.

Anyone with information regarding this matter should contact either the Cadillac Post at (231) 779-6040 or Silent Observer at (231) 779-9215 or 800-528-8234. Tips also may be given to the Silent Observer online at www.casotips.com. Information may be given anonymously and any information resulting in an arrest may result in a reward.

MGO Member
    why leave it in a car ..stupidity

I am a Forum User
    Quote Originally Posted by mr44 View Post
    I leave mine in the locked vehicle, but only for PFZs , post office (I park across the street), school to pick up children, daycare. Sometimes you don't have a choice, unless you leave it at home.

I do agree that leaving it in the car for extended periods is a risk, BUT people shouldn't be going through your vehicle in the first place.

I am a Forum User
    With all due respect: Would you care to guess at how many people leave firearms in their vehicles every single day?

Unfortunately, all the criminal empowerment zones (aka gun free zones) force law abiding citizens to leave their firearms in their vehicles at times. Their only other choice is to NOT carry at all. Not an easy choice.

MGO Member
    they are MSP.. ie trained.. not joe citizen

I am a Forum User
    they are MSP.. ie trained.. not joe citizen
    Common sense doesn't require training.

I am a Forum User

Wink

Quote Originally Posted by Scoop View Post
    With all due respect: Would you care to guess at how many people leave firearms in their vehicles every single day?

Unfortunately, all the criminal empowerment zones (aka gun free zones) force law abiding citizens to leave their firearms in their vehicles at times. Their only other choice is to NOT carry at all. Not an easy choice.

I like the term "with all due respect" it sounds so respectful, but if you don't actually owe somebody any respect, you might as well be saying "Don't be a dumb ***** Hole"

No offense to anyone here or the OP.. I just wanted to comment on the fact that the phrase has a hidden level of **.

Explain to me the difference between having a gun stolen from a car and having one stolen from one's home? Surely it wasn't left sitting on the seat or on the dashboard within sight of someone passing by. Blaming a person for something a criminal does is the real stupidity.
    Lighten up Francis.

I am a Forum User
    Interesting, I didnt know MSP's were issued glocks.........

I am a Forum User
    Wonder if average joes gun got stolen if I’d make the paper or if the same resources would be used to bring the thief to justice.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast