Welcome to MGO's Internet Discussion Forums…Please Consider Becoming a Dues-Paying Member of the ORG…Click >>>>>HERE<<<<< for more info…………****DONATIONS**** can also be made toward MGO's Legal Defense Fund and/or MGO's Forums >>>>>HERE<<<<<

KROGER

Browning Belgium light twelve

I have a very good condition Belgium Browning light 12 shotgun , I can not make sense of the serial number to know when it was made and wonder if anyone could help me ? My phone doesn't take good pictures to show the beautiful engraving but it is like new and I believe it has a 27 or possibly a 28" barrel . Any help is appreciated and thank you in advance . The serial number is 7G and than underneath is 72303 .
    Last edited by michaelm_ski; 06-27-2019 at 03:59 PM. Reason: forgot to put serial number for identification .

If I read this correctly I think it was made in 1957.

https://www.browning.com/support/dat...c-shotgun.html
    " It's not about the size of the circle, it's the loyalty in it. "

" A man’s rights rest in three boxes: the ballot box, the jury box and the cartridge box.” - Frederick Douglass

" When one with honeyed words but evil mind Persuades the mob, great woes befall the state." - Euripides, Orestes

" America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we lose our freedoms it will be because we have destroyed ourselves from within." - Unknown

DISCLAIMER: The opinions expressed in my posts are my own and do not reflect the opinions, views, or official policies of Michigan Gun Owners.

That was what I thought but I was confused because I never owned one and when my cousin passed away this past easter his wife gave it to me and I know my uncle owned it for a long time . Thanks for the help as I was thinking about either trading it for a tactical home defense shotgun .

I am a Forum User
    Many of these shotguns were fitted with 70 cm barrels. That would be 27.56 inches.

Your Browning serial number ,prefix 7G dates your 12 gauge as made in 1967.