Welcome to MGO's Internet Discussion Forums…Please Consider Becoming a Dues-Paying Member of the ORG…Click >>>>>HERE<<<<< for more info…………****DONATIONS**** can also be made toward MGO's Legal Defense Fund and/or MGO's Forums >>>>>HERE<<<<<

KROGER

I am a Forum User

Openly-Carrying Customer Denied Service At Whataburger

Openly-Carrying Customer Denied Service At Now Illinois-Owned Whataburger

By Tom Knighton
    Bearing Arms
    July 1st. 2019

AP Photo/Eric Gay

For years, the name “Whataburger” was about as Texas as the Alamo.

Recently, though, the burger chain was sold to an Illinois owner. In theory, this shouldn’t have changed much. Not really.

However, a recent incident suggests that greater changes are being made to the corporate culture than one might have expected.

Jason Kennemur, who is licensed to carry a firearm in Texas, was denied service recently when he walked into the store with an openly-carried gun.

“I don’t generally patronize places that don’t allow concealed carry. I don’t mind if they don’t allow open carry – that’s their right – that’s everybody’s right. That’s just fine. I don’t have to eat there,” said Kennemur.

He later took to social media where he received an outpouring of support, as well as backlash.

I am a Forum User
    Illinois. Need we say more?

MGO Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Scoop View Post
    It is a sucky state. I even avoid driving thru it when possible.

I took the Lake Express Ferry back and forth last week. One of the reasons was to avoid Illinois traffic, gun laws, and just because I don't want to go there. When I need to drive into the city I always fill up in Indiana so I don't spend money on gas there. The Lake Express cost some bucks but it was worth it to sit, relax, sleep, email, etc.

When I pulled into line at the Muskegon Terminal a kindly older gentlemen was checking under cars with a mirror. He asked me if I had any firearms and when I replied yes he asked are they unloaded? Yes again, unloaded, locked case, and cabled to the car. He put a yellow cardboard square on my dash and said, "You're good to go." When I parked on the boat it was, "Set the parking brake. Take your keys. Lock the doors." Same routine on the way home. No problems, no searches, no funny looks. Very relaxing trip both ways.

I am a Forum User
    Quote Originally Posted by Scoop View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by tkurban53 View Post
    It is a sucky state. I even avoid driving thru it when possible.
    The title and article is misleading. This burger shop is in Texas while so-called Illinois-owned.

I am a Forum User
    Quote Originally Posted by SADAacp View Post
    The title and article is misleading. This burger shop is in Texas while so-called Illinois-owned.
    There are over 800 Whataburger locations in Alabama, Arkansas, Arizona, Colorado, Florida, Georgia, Illinois, Louisiana, Mississippi, North Carolina, New Mexico, Oklahoma, Virginia, Wisconsin and, yes, Texas. Lived in Texas for almost 10 years. Texans revere and defend Whataburger almost as much as Friday night high school football and real Texas BBQ and church.