Welcome to MGO's Internet Discussion Forums…Please Consider Becoming a Dues-Paying Member of the ORG…Click >>>>>HERE<<<<< for more info…………****DONATIONS**** can also be made toward MGO's Legal Defense Fund and/or MGO's Forums >>>>>HERE<<<<<

KROGER

I am a Forum User

So Ruger made golf clubs too huh? Neat

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Sturm-Ruger...kAAOSwkNFcySwa

I knew Browning did once upon a time but i just learned about the late 90's Ruger Ti drivers...wow

I am a Forum User
    Ruger's Pine Tree Casting operation is the number two investment casting job shop in America, after Hitchiner. Both made a lot of golf club heads back when Tiger Woods created the golf craze of the 1990's. Both make a lot of firearms parts. You may even have Ruger castings in your automobile.

Quote Originally Posted by dwcopple View Post
    https://www.ebay.com/itm/Sturm-Ruger...kAAOSwkNFcySwa

I knew Browning did once upon a time but i just learned about the late 90's Ruger Ti drivers...wow
    Smith & wesson had a line of forged blades for a short time - https://www.ebay.com/itm/Snake-Eyes-...sAAOxyI91Te2XG

Many claimed S&W forged them but they were probably forged by maltby / golfworks (note the 'snake Eyes logo) or farmed out to a forging company. Hoffman forging from Ft worth TX was the premier club forger after Macgregor fell out of golf - Hoffman forged the original and near subsequent Hogan 'Ft Worth TX' irons and most other companies', but forging finally went to Japan then China/Taiwan.

Ping, who re-invented the cast clubs after his putter success, cast their own unless they too have changed.

The Snake Eyes / S&W were very desirable as they were forged 5 times and very dense while most others of that time were forged 3 times resulting in a lighter less 'compacted' blade. Snake Eys 600 models are still sought after by better ball strikers and easily rival the best clubs out there.

Cast club heads were obtained from wherever the price was right. Cast-then-forged were another style that usually had the face, body of the iron made separate then welded together. That 'Ruger' club is not a RUger design;IIRC the 'Ruger' simply refers to the titanium. (They cast Callaway titanium as well for a time)

No one forged iron heads like we did but now they are, llike many things, outsourced. Cast irons likewise.
    Last edited by PeeDee; 07-02-2019 at 09:26 PM.

The Big Bertha Ruger was the club head to have in the late 80's early 90's in 97 is when they really took off. The sound it made was music to the ears of every amateur on the course! I owned at least a dozen or more of them over the decade where Callaway dominated the driver industry. I won one at a scrambles tournament and was thrilled until I saw the loft, Prototype 6.5. God himself had a hard time hitting this club.
    I sold it to a semi pro MSU player for $80 and 2 rounds at the Ann Arbor CC. He could hit it, tee'd up high and get 290yrds out of it.

I built clubs throughout the 90's all the way to 2013. SnakeEyes was king in my book! I built 100's of them and they sold like hotcakes. I still have the first demo set I built and my personal set are all SnakeEyes with the exception of my wedges. The component industry collapsed when GolfSmith folded. You can still purchase old run component SnakeEye stuff on eBay but not many of the new kids on the block remember how good they were.

They tried kit cars too.

MGO Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Barryloola View Post
    I just bought the ruger american rem .223 rifle and am looking to put a bipod on it. Does anyone have a suggesstion on what a good model/brand is to mount on it?
    I think you might need to keep your head down and take another wack at this question. Be fore you get carried away, take a step back and reassess where you are posting.

Also, don't rely on just one answer: take a slice of information from each answer and decide fore yourself.
    if all else fails, just wait for a little bird. He helped me once.
    For the last resort you can just wash your balls and carry on.

Quote Originally Posted by Sledhead View Post
    I think you might need to keep your head down and take another wack at this question. Be fore you get carried away, take a step back and reassess where you are posting.

Also, don't rely on just one answer: take a slice of information from each answer and decide fore yourself.
    if all else fails, just wait for a little bird. He helped me once.
    For the last resort you can just wash your balls and carry on.
    Name:  caddyshack09b.jpg
Views: 395
Size:  25.5 KB

I am a Forum User
    Have to say that's pretty neat!