Welcome to MGO's Internet Discussion Forums…Please Consider Becoming a Dues-Paying Member of the ORG…Click >>>>>HERE<<<<< for more info…………****DONATIONS**** can also be made toward MGO's Legal Defense Fund and/or MGO's Forums >>>>>HERE<<<<<

Firearms Legal Protection

I am a Forum User

Bedside firearm storage?

So, being in the area affected by the "shelter in place" last evening (https://www.clickondetroit.com/news/...y-in-budd-park) I did something I've not done before and kept one of the firearms by the bed, just in case.

But, it was just sitting "loose" on my nightstand and while not likely to happen, I was slightly concerned one of the cats might knock it off and at least wake the wife (she sleeps lighter than me.)

So, any suggestions on how to store a ready pistol at the bedside? Perhaps a cheap holster screwed into the side of my nightstand? The bed comes down to about an couple-three inches off the floor, so sliding under the bed isn't an option and the nightstand drawers all have stuff in them. We don't have kids, so there's no worries about little fingers finding the firearm in the night.

I mean, in honesty, the odds of any of the cats knocking the pistol off the nightstand are probably close to the same as the firearm going off on its' own in the night, so maybe I'm just over-thinking this?

I am a Forum User
    I keep a small, key locked Bulldog gun storage vault on the nightstand. It's attached to the bed frame with the cable. It's locked when I'm not in bed, and unlocked (with the key still in the lock), and opened when I'm sleeping. You could unlock it but close the lid it you're worried about the cats messing with it.
    Name:  bulldog-pistol-safe-vaults.jpg
Views: 287
Size:  23.0 KB

I am a Forum User

https://www.amazon.com/BLACKHAWK-40B.../dp/B007ZNU532

I do not like safes/lockboxs, especially ones with electronic locks. I keep my carry gun in it's holster on my belt and just hang up my pants next to me off my dresser drawer. I try to stay as consistent as possible, in a haze of waking up in the middle of the night I don't want to be trying to unlock/open a safe or go looking in different places I may have kept the gun before.

I am a Forum User
    Quote Originally Posted by december1979 View Post

I do not like safes/lockboxs, especially ones with electronic locks. I keep my carry gun in it's holster on my belt and just hang up my pants next to me off my dresser drawer. I try to stay as consistent as possible, in a haze of waking up in the middle of the night I don't want to be trying to unlock/open a safe or go looking in different places I may have kept the gun before.
    I rather like this, as I'm with you, I don't want to be fumbling around with a lock of any sort. I sleep heavy, and while I can (sort of) wake up quick, I'm not exactly Mr WithIt in that sort of situation (based on how discombobulated I've been when I've had a cat land on my head)

I am a Forum User
    I use one of non bio version of this on top of the nightstand with the door open. It only gets closed and locked when we go away.

Quote Originally Posted by december1979 View Post

I keep a Glock 17 on my nightstand every night in a Raven Vanguard trigger guard/holster that is tied off to the bed leg with paracord. When I leave it either goes into a holster on my body or into a safe. The Vanguard keeps the trigger covered and prevents me from accidentally pulling the trigger in the dark, until I make a concerted effort to pull it off.
    https://rcsgear.com/vanguard-3-light...tible-holster/