Welcome to MGO's Internet Discussion Forums…Please Consider Becoming a Dues-Paying Member of the ORG…Click >>>>>HERE<<<<< for more info…………****DONATIONS**** can also be made toward MGO's Legal Defense Fund and/or MGO's Forums >>>>>HERE<<<<<

Firearms Legal Protection

I am a Forum User

Ares Gear Ranger Belt 10 year review

Got your attention?

Ok, I can't swear up and down that I've actually had the belt for 10 years, but it's darn close. Way more than 5. I am also one of those guys that find something he likes and wears it every moment of every day so when I say five years I mean five years of seven-day-a-week wear. I don't work jobs that require suits and ties I wear my Ares gear belt every single day along with my red wings (just bought my yearly pair actually) and my Carhartts. I have never done a product review before, and prob wouldn't have done this but I stumbled on the belt review a few posts down and felt compelled.

The belt is, in a word, perfect. I have used and abused the bejesus out of it and aside from a few body filth stains from yours truly it is held up magnificently. Been to many classes, hunts, and EDCs for let's say 2000 days plus currently (g19 in rcs strong side owb usually)

The scuba strap they make the belt body of is tougher than a rats ass, no fraying, barely discolored, and the idea of "folding" it over itself long ways the way gun belts tend to fail is laughable. The buckle is awesome. Corrosion free (machined aluminum, I'm guessing? Could be something even more exotic). Simply does not slip once cinched, one hand on/off is easy w practice. Pure utility, no style points here. My wife has given up trying to take this hill, that's how much I wear the damn thing.

The only thing that has failed on the belt is the elastic retention band for the part of the belt already pushed through the buckle. It doesn't affect anything functionally, but does bring the "hotdog down a hallway" metaphor to mind.

I bought it used from a member here due to weight loss and I'm finally gonna get another for the same reason. But for large guns IWB or when I decide to get fat again this one will hang in the closet in perpetuity.

See gross pics of gross soiled belt.20190706_104437.jpg20190706_104455.jpg20190706_104504.jpg20190706_104514.jpg20190706_104435.jpg20190706_104430.jpg20190706_104415.jpg20190706_104427.jpg
    Last edited by PaulB84; 07-06-2019 at 12:05 PM.

it looks well worn, you probably saw my 5.11 review, ill post pics of mine, I wore it every day looks pretty newish in comparison.

When I buy something that has a lifetime warranty, your experience is more inline with what I expect.

Ill look into these, heard about them for years, never messed with them though, ill put them on my contenders list.