Welcome to MGO's Internet Discussion Forums…Please Consider Becoming a Dues-Paying Member of the ORG…Click >>>>>HERE<<<<< for more info…………****DONATIONS**** can also be made toward MGO's Legal Defense Fund and/or MGO's Forums >>>>>HERE<<<<<

Firearms Legal Protection

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    I am a Forum User

So, where are we at with the 350 Legend?

Kak had a bad run of barrels, Ruger Americans are shooting 2 moa in most reports I've seen. CMMG, Deadshot and GLFA are pumping out uppers and barrels but range reports and real world accuracy data seem really scarce.

I want to get in on this one, but I'm not too sure about the .355 bore diameter. Is that what is causing mediocre accuracy? Also, I'm not sure I want to have to resize bullets to reload for this. Winchester specs say .357 bullets, but they are all .355? The allure of using the stockpile of .357-.358 bullets I have really appeals to me.

Has anyone here gone all in and figured this caliber out? Any info anyone can share? Thanks.

I am a Forum User
    I am interested but in no hurry. Waiting for a while to see how things develop. 2 MOA on a low budget short range rifle really isn't that bad. Just not quite what some including me have been able to get at times with the 450.

I am a Forum User
    I want to say someone is working on a .357 bore for the 350 Legend. I think they are also tweaking the throat. I’ll see if I can find it.

IMHO, at that point just get 357AR if you reload. The 357AR is the cartridge that Winchester took, tried to tweak to make their own, hence the issues. The 357AR has a .357 bore, can run .355 bullets, uses .223/5.56 brass or .223 basic brass from Starline, and has the problems worked out.

I am a Forum User
    357AR is a consideration but the attraction of inexpensive factory ammo along with the ability to load myself are what got me going about the Legend to begin with.

I'd like to build a Legend pistol ideally. Thinking 11-12.5" barrel may be a sweet spot for a short range hunting/fun gun, and I'd like to play around with subs and a silencer in the future. Short barrel data is virtually nonexistent though.

Quote Originally Posted by sadaddy View Post
    357AR is a consideration but the attraction of inexpensive factory ammo along with the ability to load myself are what got me going about the Legend to begin with.

I'd like to build a Legend pistol ideally. Thinking 11-12.5" barrel may be a sweet spot for a short range hunting/fun gun, and I'd like to play around with subs and a silencer in the future. Short barrel data is virtually nonexistent though.
    Get QuickLoad, measure the water capacity average of several fired cases and unless the latest update has 350 Legend which I doubt, change the 357Max file: name to 350L; PSI; case length; water capacity to match your 350L cases and save that file as a new cartridge. The program works better with some powders than others. I've found Win296 to be pretty close to chrony results where as 1680 will show high psi and velocity but the chrony speed is much slower and cases don't exhibit pressure signs.

Banned
    What is with people and all these irrelevant wildcat rounds?

I am a Forum User
    What is with people with no value to add? C'mon Mid.

Quote Originally Posted by midlandshooter View Post
    What is with people and all these irrelevant wildcat rounds?
    It's on paper a potential good shotgun zone round. There is room for 2-3 different rounds to solve this problem. A big one, a small one, a cheap one.

After that's established THEN it's kinda frivolous and reinventing the wheel.

MGO Member
    I'm good with reinventing the wheel, Why leave what little money I have to my Kid's?

MGO Member
    Appropriate .355 projectiles will come out later, the cartridge has barely been out for 3 months at this point.
    This was designed for people who don't reload. Honestly, it's a bit unrealistic to expect any ammunition maker to design a brand new round with any thought put toward people who don't plan to buy factory ammo anyway. It's not like Winchester is going to make a boatload of money selling reloading components.

It looks like most of the bad accuracy has been attributed to the WWB 145 FMJ (insert shocked face here.) People are posting better groups with hunting ammo, and I'd bet that the Federal loadings are going to be the ticket.

The spec is for .357-.003, with chambers being cut to .357 on the high end, I doubt you'll see factory barrels that will allow you to use your current bullets. There are some makers who are bumping the throat to .358 which will allow you to use .357 bullets in reloads, and still shoot factory ammo.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast