Welcome to MGO's Internet Discussion Forums…Please Consider Becoming a Dues-Paying Member of the ORG…Click >>>>>HERE<<<<< for more info…………****DONATIONS**** can also be made toward MGO's Legal Defense Fund and/or MGO's Forums >>>>>HERE<<<<<

Firearms Legal Protection

Thread: Need Some Hosts

I am a Forum User

Need Some Hosts

I accidentally bought an Octane 9 and I don't currently own a single 9mm firearm with a threaded barrel. I am putting together a list of guns to buy while I wait for Uncle Sam to deem me worthy and first on the list is a full-size handgun.

What I want is:
    • Threaded Barrel (obviously)
    • Full Size
    • ~5" Barrel
    • Full-Length Grip
    • Pistol optic or milled for it (Thinking 6mm Vortex Venom)

I was browsing a shop yesterday and one that seems to check all those boxes and feels good to me is the Canik TP9 Elite Combat. I have a full-size VP9 and I love that this feels nearly identical to that, I love the FDE, and I love the price point for a gun in this class.

I was about to (pardon the pun) pull the trigger when I found out that the barrel is left-hand threaded at 13.5x1mm. I'm a complete suppressor newbie. The Octane is going to come with a 1/2x28 direct-thread adapter and that's it. So will it end up pissing me off if I buy a 13.5x1 metric piston and not have the "standard" piston on the can? At this point, my plan is to buy one full-size pistol host and then do some sort of rifle host like an MP5 clone or an AR9 or something and call it a day.

Also, are there any other hosts that I should consider. I ordered my first can about 9 months ago and I've probably purchased a host a month. Then I bought a Salvo12 and I've purchased a host every couple months. So obviously I have to start collecting threaded 9mms...

Quote Originally Posted by Parkanzky View Post
    ... So obviously I have to start collecting threaded 9mms...
    Don't overlook 357's by accident.

AR9 shortys are fun too.

You are going to spend alot on pistons and mounts, part of the pursuit of ~pffft~

SiCo runs a sale usually twice a year, sign up for notifications.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    "The path to true knowledge is paved with wasted money" copyright postban forever!
    NRA Endowment Member, 2AF Life Member, GOA Patriot Member

MGO Member
    I don't have a dog in the fight, but be weary about the Canik. A guy on the Classic firearms buying group bought a tp9. He has had a few problems with slide lockback after emptying a mag and the magwell fell off.

Screenshot_20190708-220016__01.jpg
    Last edited by wizzi01; 07-08-2019 at 10:20 PM.

MGO Member
    Also, don't let thread pitch get between you and a firearm you may like. The Pistons are easy to change although they are a decent chunk of cash.

Just remembered it was a direct thread adapter that is coming with it. If using it on a tilt barrel pistol you have to get a piston setup anyways.
    Last edited by wizzi01; 07-08-2019 at 09:12 PM.

I am a Forum User
    I just struck a deal for the VP9 Tactical with a milled slide posted in the handguns for sale section here and a VP9 SK with a threaded barrel. I'm picking them up tomorrow after work so next I need to buy the Pistons and start looking for a deal on an RMR.