Welcome to MGO's Internet Discussion Forums…Please Consider Becoming a Dues-Paying Member of the ORG…Click >>>>>HERE<<<<< for more info…………****DONATIONS**** can also be made toward MGO's Legal Defense Fund and/or MGO's Forums >>>>>HERE<<<<<

KROGER

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by blackwater na View Post
    Yes but ours are more then simply a spring swap. plus our goes bang eveytime! Not to mention while being serviced in house you can have the forcing cone trued honed and polished as well as the chambers, and re-crown for in-creased performance. Not for all , but for that those know.

Ron
    A.A.E.
    How old were you, Sir, when you did your first DIY trigger job?
    Was it perfect? Do you remember the thrill, the satisfaction, that feeling of "I am awesome!" when you pulled the trigger, it went 'Bang!' and the trigger pull was much better than when you started?

That's part of the reason we have a DIY Gunsmith forum. Not everyone wants the easy way out, not everyone wants to just shell out money for a gunsmith. Some of us want to experiment, make mistakes, learn from the mistakes of others, and sometimes, maybe improve our guns just a little bit.

Same reason guys upgrade the carb on their old Camaro, or swap cams and injectors on their LS small block themselves instead of heading to the local speed shop.
    Life is too serious to take too seriously.
    DISCLAIMER: The opinions expressed in my posts are my own and do not necessarily reflect the opinions, views, or official policies of Michigan Gun Owners.

NRA Certified Range Safety Officer
    Celebrate Recovery! Member & Group Coach

Quote Originally Posted by RifleGuy View Post
    How old were you, Sir, when you did your first DIY trigger job?
    Was it perfect? Do you remember the thrill, the satisfaction, that feeling of "I am awesome!" when you pulled the trigger, it went 'Bang!' and the trigger pull was much better than when you started?

That's part of the reason we have a DIY Gunsmith forum. Not everyone wants the easy way out, not everyone wants to just shell out money for a gunsmith. Some of us want to experiment, make mistakes, learn from the mistakes of others, and sometimes, maybe improve our guns just a little bit.

Same reason guys upgrade the carb on their old Camaro, or swap cams and injectors on their LS small block themselves instead of heading to the local speed shop.
    AMEN!

This guy seems to think no one can learn or do anything as well as he can!

Even his arrogance in proffering his $95 genius makeover reeks of a self assumed superiority complex.

(I guess the ‘Blackwater’ reference is supposed to appeal to the world in some way)

Truly reflects that a little knowledge is a dangerous thing .... and more than a bit sad IMO)

The SP is a SD gun, not a target gun, personally I'd just get used to the trigger and be happy.
    Active airport shooter

Quote Originally Posted by JDG View Post
    The SP is a SD gun, not a target gun, personally I'd just get used to the trigger and be happy.
    The young lady with whom I shoot carries an SP101 (with Novak sights) as a SD weapon.
    We did a trigger and action job in my garage, and on her kitchen table.

She has carried that little revolver to classes at MDFI, has shot competition with it, and takes it target shooting. A couple of Detroit PD officers fired it and have asked me to help them with their SP101. It shoots every bit as nice as my 6" GP100, and is quite accurate at 25 yards, if the shooter lives up to their responsibility in the task.

Not my first choice for a 25 yard gun, but capable.
    DISCLAIMER: The opinions expressed in my posts are my own and do not necessarily reflect the opinions, views, or official policies of Michigan Gun Owners.

I believe this is best illustration of what Tim's method is.

Cool

Not much different that doing a trigger work on my Alaskan 454 or my smith 638.. If you can with some reading and watching, the reward is self satisfaction of doing something yourself. I'd like to help where I can, I've screw up here and there on a few things. As that, Spit happens On my own dime I've corrected my mistakes. and learned and moved on... 100% agree with Rifleguy. If you need help, stump, PM me.
    Last edited by XDM 40 cal; 10-05-2019 at 07:29 PM. Reason: grammer
    NRA Life member, NRARSO, Howell Gun Club member, MDFI Alum 2019 & 2020, 2023 GOA Life Member. MGO life member.

Quote Originally Posted by Ruger View Post
    I believe this is best illustration of what Tim's method is.

Very similar. My springs and shims were from different companies, but I suspect that's not an issue. Because I'm a hack amateur, I never touch a sear with a Dremel/powered tool. I make steel backers, fabricated a fixturing jig, and use 1200, 1500, 2000, 2500 grit abrasive papers to work the sear hook.

And, I wouldn't use a drill bit to ream a hole... I get an appropriately sized reamer and carefully work that in using a lathe, mill, drill press powered by hand to clean a hole.

But, overall, this is really all there is to a greatly improved GP100 or SP101 trigger pull.

I am a Forum User
    Thats why I miss this page ! the emotional drama. We are talking about a 500.00 tool designed for self preservation. What do you think an attorney would do to u if u used this gun in sd and you did a home made botched trigger job. Please let`s all be adults and face real world results. It`s one thing for a range gun or plinker but real world requires professional services.

With all due respect please continue.

Ron

I am a Forum User
    As long as its for play and practice - be-careful.

Quote Originally Posted by blackwater na View Post
    Thats why I miss this page ! the emotional drama. We are talking about a 500.00 tool designed for self preservation. What do you think an attorney would do to u if u used this gun in sd and you did a home made botched trigger job. Please let`s all be adults and face real world results. It`s one thing for a range gun or plinker but real world requires professional services.

With all due respect please continue.

Ron
    Emotional Drama? On a DIY Trigger work? Come on There are some who want to learn there firearm. If heaven for bid it breaks, Fail's to work He or she can figure it out and have some knowledge to fix it. (if possible).... I digress.. you were only offering your Services.
    NRA Life member, NRARSO, Howell Gun Club member, MDFI Alum 2019 & 2020, 2023 GOA Life Member. MGO life member.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast