Welcome to MGO's Internet Discussion Forums…Please Consider Becoming a Dues-Paying Member of the ORG…Click >>>>>HERE<<<<< for more info…………****DONATIONS**** can also be made toward MGO's Legal Defense Fund and/or MGO's Forums >>>>>HERE<<<<<

KROGER

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    I am a Forum User
    Quote Originally Posted by GreaseMonkeySRT View Post
    Although it's not visible, the Sig still has internal safeties like every other striker fired pistol. The firing pin is usually in a half-cocked position, and the trigger cocks it the rest of the way and releases it.
    Name:  p365.jpg
Views: 2589
Size:  15.5 KB

My safety is my index finger and my holsters that fully cover the trigger and trigger guard.

IMHO, if someone NEEDS a manual safety, perhaps they should stop carrying a handgun and take up knitting. As always, others' opinions' may vary.

Quote Originally Posted by LMK View Post
    I don't like alot of safeties , I like Glock type pistols for carry. What I am stating is Sig as no trigger safety like Glock.
    I hear ya, I prefer a striker fired gun to be like glock or springfield safety trigger.

There is an element of high speed low drag operators, that think ANY safety is going to get them killed in their special ops missions.

Just talking about it, you gave them the edge they needed to kill time travel hitler, and bizzaro world stalin.

They will talk about safeties failing or jamming, stuff that never happens.

If you buy one it will fail, they will be mission impossible rappelling on a rope down a long tunnel shaft killing ninjas as you look at your xd, smith and wesson, 1911, that is useless as you got sand from a sand storm in the safety, but that same sand was not going to jam any other part of your gun. Yes, a michigan sand storm, a metro detroit sandstorm! Don't think it cannot happen !

MGO Member
    Extremely well stated!
    Last edited by LMK; 05-18-2020 at 07:34 PM.

MGO Member
    Quote Originally Posted by LMK View Post
    I don't like alot of safeties , I like Glock type pistols for carry. What I am stating is Sig as no trigger safety like Glock.
    Interestingly, when Sig first introduced the P320, part of their marketing at the time was how it did not need a tabbed trigger. However, they did have tabbed triggers available for law enforcement.

Of course a little later, they found out if it was dropped just right, the momentum of the trigger would allow it to fire if it landed just right. This eventually brought about the whole Sig P320 voluntary trigger upgrade program. This fixed that particular issue. Of course if they had a tabbed trigger all along, they never would have found this problem.

The P365 has a very similar design of the FCU to the P320, and my guess is whatever Sig did to fix the P320 for that drop safety was done for the P365 as well.

That's what the tabbed trigger on striker fired weapons do, is keep the trigger from moving rearward from momentum if the finger is not on the trigger. There are still plenty of examples of clothing/worn holsters/hoodie cords/etc accidently causing a Glock or similar guns to go off while holstering or handling.
    I aim to misbehave ~Malcolm Reynolds
    Favorite Shooting Podcast

Quote Originally Posted by j-squared View Post
    Interestingly, when Sig first introduced the P320, part of their marketing at the time was how it did not need a tabbed trigger. However, they did have tabbed triggers available for law enforcement.

Of course a little later, they found out if it was dropped just right, the momentum of the trigger would allow it to fire if it landed just right. This eventually brought about the whole Sig P320 voluntary trigger upgrade program. This fixed that particular issue. Of course if they had a tabbed trigger all along, they never would have found this problem.

The P365 has a very similar design of the FCU to the P320, and my guess is whatever Sig did to fix the P320 for that drop safety was done for the P365 as well.

That's what the tabbed trigger on striker fired weapons do, is keep the trigger from moving rearward from momentum if the finger is not on the trigger. There are still plenty of examples of clothing/worn holsters/hoodie cords/etc accidently causing a Glock or similar guns to go off while holstering or handling.
    its not tactical, it will get you killed. Certain death. Sand will get caught in the safety trigger, or grip safety is for real no joke, certain death.

There has to be some sort of relationship with the more people say they do not need any safeties, even passive, the more they say use your brain, refer to finger as a booger hook, talk about sand ONLY getting in the safeties, but not the slide all sorts of posturing is just that. They are telling you no so subtly they are operators, world class speed. You are at best a hobbiest if you have a safety ... but have fun getting killed, your 1911, will result in you'r death, its just a matter of when. It never ends. They never explain how a passive safety trigger slows them down, how not having one is actually a feature. Let that sink in ... NOT having a passive safety is a feature and benefit.

MGO Member
    Quote Originally Posted by dirtmcgirt76239 View Post
    its not tactical, it will get you killed. Certain death. Sand will get caught in the safety trigger, or grip safety is for real no joke, certain death.
    I really don't understand what you're trying to say. Maybe you should consider letting a friend hang on to your firearms until you're a bit more coherent.
    I aim to misbehave ~Malcolm Reynolds
    Favorite Shooting Podcast

Quote Originally Posted by j-squared View Post
    I really don't understand what you're trying to say. Maybe you should consider letting a friend hang on to your firearms until you're a bit more coherent.
    I was mocking the idea that its not "tactical" to have any safety. The often mentioned reason is sand or not even defined just random "debris" will jam your grip safety etc. The anti safety crowd suggests a trigger safety to a lesser extent, a grip safety on a 1911 or XD will do you in, its just a matter of time.

It is satire.

Read up a couple posts, I was mocking the anti safety mall ninja operator crowd.

I had a grip safety on a Kimber that was not timed correctly. I found it doing practice draws, and quickly sending rounds on target. One time with a less then optimal grip on the pistol, I got a click no bang! The grip safety did not release the FP safety, but did release the hammer. Glad I was practicing, not drawing on a bad guy! I prefer no manual safeties, and the fewer parts on a gun to prevent it from firing, the better, in my opinion. To each his own, there is no one size fits all.
    Active airport shooter

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12