Welcome to MGO's Internet Discussion Forums…Please Consider Becoming a Dues-Paying Member of the ORG…Click >>>>>HERE<<<<< for more info…………****DONATIONS**** can also be made toward MGO's Legal Defense Fund and/or MGO's Forums >>>>>HERE<<<<<

KROGER

Thread: License Check

I am a Forum User

License Check

How can one find out if someone holds a CPL in Michigan and also other states?

UPDATE: I discovered other states may have their own record search, such as Florida, but I am unable to find anything on the Michigan LARA site.
    Last edited by Meanie; 07-13-2019 at 10:48 AM.

MGO Member
    You can’t.

Quote Originally Posted by Meanie View Post

UPDATE: I discovered other states may have their own record search, such as Florida, but I am unable to find anything on the Michigan LARA site.
    Michigan CPL and firearm ownership records are NOT a public record

I am a Forum User
    Quote Originally Posted by Corsten View Post
    You can’t.
    Florida has a public database search.

https://licensing.freshfromflorida.com/

Quote Originally Posted by michiganpi View Post
    Michigan CPL and firearm ownership records are NOT a public record
    Nor should they be. If you want to know if an individual has a CPL, ask them. If you are in doubt, ask to see it (if it's appropriate for you to know at all).
    Formerly Known As RevDerb since 2008 with 9,457 posts.
    VietNam era vet (USN - CTT2, USNR - CTT3), NRA Life Member, NRA Certified RSO, SAF, GOA.
    Igitur qui desiderat pacem, praeparet bellum.
    http://revderb.blogspot.com John 5:24 <><

I am a Forum User
    Quote Originally Posted by Meanie View Post

I am curious as to why you would want/need that information?

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by CircuitRider View Post
    Nor should they be. If you want to know if an individual has a CPL, ask them. If you are in doubt, ask to see it (if it's appropriate for you to know at all).
    Agreed. MYOB

I am a Forum User
    Quote Originally Posted by CircuitRider View Post
    Exactly. Firearm ownership and hence a CPL license indicating firearm ownership should be a private decision not a matter of public record. My firearm ownership is not the government or public’s business. My basic fundamental rights do not need to be recorded and offered to the public for inspection.

I am a Forum User
    My firearm ownership is not the government or public’s business. My basic fundamental rights do not need to be recorded.
    I fixed it for you.

My basic fundamental rights not only do not need the government to keep records of them those rights also should not need the government's permission slip called a concealed carry ... permit... or a ... permit.. to purchase to allow me to exercise those rights.