Welcome to MGO's Internet Discussion Forums…Please Consider Becoming a Dues-Paying Member of the ORG…Click >>>>>HERE<<<<< for more info…………****DONATIONS**** can also be made toward MGO's Legal Defense Fund and/or MGO's Forums >>>>>HERE<<<<<

Firearms Legal Protection

I can't post links yet! Forum User

New to Suppressors

Hey All,
    I am looking at dipping my toe in the NFA pool starting with a silencer. What has caught my eye so far (mainly because of the prices they are currently going for) is the YHM Turbo K. At $336 it is something I wouldn't be afraid to pin to a barrel to avoid SBR status, or would help me keep OAL advantages on the X95. Are there any "K" can owners (of any brand) here who can chime in on their effectiveness? I have heard conflicting tales on whether its better to start with a snubbie or "full length" can.

I am a Forum User
    I own several cans, but not K cans. This is mainly because of the reviews that I have read where individuals report a great deal of discomfort at the ears while shooting with the K can. I've also heard a K can used with 556 and was unimpressed compared to 556 ran through a "full size" rifle can.
    Unless you're running suppressed 22, typically you should still be wearing ear protection with a suppressor, but I have found that longer or wider suppressors do make the experience much more enjoyable and even show to be quieter when testing decibels. Baffle design does play a role, but it does look like, at least from reviews that I have read, that a short can can only be made so quiet.
    Last edited by rexzor2007; 07-13-2019 at 08:42 PM.

I am a Forum User
    When I decided to get into suppressors I read a ton of articles and watched a lot of videos. The conclusion I came to is that people often end up underwhelmed or even disappointed when they start with something like a budget centerfire can, do the first one I ordered was a quality .22 suppressor knowing that I’d be able to have “movie quiet” out of the right guns with the right ammo.

I am a Forum User
    the Turbo and Turbo K are two very underrated suppressors. The K can is going to put you right at the 137-140DB range from a 16" from SS's testing.

Turbo K cans are really loud. Same with the Surefire, KAC, Dead Air, etc
    You have to decide how quiet you want it to be. Its best to do that with your own ears as decibel numbers dont mean much in person.

If you want to buy one through me, I'll buy the OTHER Turbo that you don't buy, and let you shoot each one so you can pick the one you like better.

MGO Member
    Coctailer is awesome and worth the drive to him.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by wizzi01 View Post
    Coctailer is awesome and worth the drive to him.
    /Thread

I am a Forum User
    Agree with Coctailer about the sound. You have to decide what your really after. The short K cans are designed to minimize length at the cost of sound. They are not hearing safe in full rifle calibers but the do reduce sound significantly and also recoil. I ran a Sandman K on a SCAR 17 for awhile. It made the rifle awesome to shoot but you still had to wear hearing protection. I have a K sized Liberty Centurion on my MP5 and with 147 Subsonic rounds I can shoot it in my backyard and my neighbors won't know it. If your goal is really to shoot without hearing protection then definitely get a can that will get the sound down to the 130 db range.

I am a Forum User
    If you want to compare them all, I have them all in stock, in fact I have over 40 suppressors on display including Knights. I have both the Turbo's in stock. Located in Waterford.

I am a huge fan of the K' cans but it always depends on your application.

I am a Forum User
    I'm late to get back to this thread but I'd HIGHLY recommend OP take Coctailer or Okie (supaf1y) up on their offers. I've done deals with both and have nothing but positive feedback and you're committing to a crazy long wait so you should get all the information you can to make the right decision at the jump.