Welcome to MGO's Internet Discussion Forums…Please Consider Becoming a Dues-Paying Member of the ORG…Click >>>>>HERE<<<<< for more info…………****DONATIONS**** can also be made toward MGO's Legal Defense Fund and/or MGO's Forums >>>>>HERE<<<<<

KROGER

What do you guys think of steyr scout 22 wmr

https://gun.deals/product/steyr-scou...-20-10rd-38999

Just saw this, never heard of it, didn't know steyr sold 22 s here

I have no experience with the scout rifle nor seen one. I have seen and handled the zyphyr II sportier rifle that has been out in the states for a year or so now and, it is a very sweet little rimfire.
    https://www.steyr-arms.com/us/zephyrii
    "Saepe errans, numquam dubitans --Frequently in error, never in doubt".

The trouble with the Internet is that it's replacing masturbation as a leisure activity. ~Patrick Murray

I am a Forum User
    It's supposed to be a good gun but it's basically a trainer for a centerfire Scout. If you don't have one of those, I don't really see a reason for one.

MGO Member
    Looks very cool for a modern gun. And Steyr makes good stuff for sure. I considered this gun when looking for a 22 Mag holt action- online at least- and wanted something more traditional. I ended up with the CZ 457 (and swappable .22Lr barrel), mounted a Leupold 4x and it’s a very sweet package.

Quote Originally Posted by chad234 View Post
    Looks very cool for a modern gun. And Steyr makes good stuff for sure. I considered this gun when looking for a 22 Mag holt action- online at least- and wanted something more traditional. I ended up with the CZ 457 (and swappable .22Lr barrel), mounted a Leupold 4x and it’s a very sweet package.
    Yeah I'm a fan on paper of steyr stuff, I don't even know anyone with anything steyr except old surplus stuff. I like their 9mm m9a1.

This is not cheap, but its not nearly as much as say a volquartson 10/22 seems middle of the road, is what got me curious. Dip my toes in the steyr world.

Maybe not.

I am a Forum User
    I was interested in one for a time. Check out the Ozzy review on youtube. Its not actually a Steyer, they put their name on a cheaply made rifle, mutch like Sig did with some of their .22 pistols. It does not get great reviews from what I've found on it. YMMV.

Rimfire Central has an entire section for Steyr