Welcome to MGO's Internet Discussion Forums…Please Consider Becoming a Dues-Paying Member of the ORG…Click >>>>>HERE<<<<< for more info…………****DONATIONS**** can also be made toward MGO's Legal Defense Fund and/or MGO's Forums >>>>>HERE<<<<<

KROGER

Thread: AR-15 upper.

I am a Forum User

AR-15 upper.

Quick question. Is putting a new upper on just as easy as removing the original? Pop the pins and slap it in. Keeping the original caliber. How often does it need hand fitting provided you buy decent quality stuff.

Thanks.

I am a Forum User
    Easy as making toast

I am a Forum User
    That's what I thought. Was looking at one of our sponsors AR15parts.com or something like that and thought I might give it a shot just to mix it up a little.

Thanks.

I am a Forum User
    Quote Originally Posted by 3SHOOTINGKIDS View Post
    Quick question. Is putting a new upper on just as easy as removing the original? Pop the pins and slap it in. Keeping the original caliber. How often does it need hand fitting provided you buy decent quality stuff.
    As long as it meets MIL-spec, the manufacturer doesn't matter. It all fits. I'm talking AR15 here, not AR10, as there is no common spec on the latter.

Also, you don't HAVE to keep the same caliber if you don't want. For example, you use everything else (including magazines) if you swap a 300 BLK upper for your 5.5.6 upper. Sometimes, certain magazines can be picky (there are 300 BLK specific magazines from Magpul, for instance) and I always suggest to keep the BCG with the upper, but otherwise you can do other things besides "same caliber, different length". Also, pay attention when putting shorter barrels on rifle stocked lowers and/or lowers from firearms that were originally purchased/transferred as complete rifles (as opposed to stripped receivers or AR pistols).

HMU if you're looking for any PSA-branded stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by sittingbull View Post
    Easy as making toast
    Totally disagree. Making toast is FAR, FAR harder.
    Last edited by Scoop; 07-18-2019 at 09:40 PM.

I am a Forum User
    Thank you.