Welcome to MGO's Internet Discussion Forums…Please Consider Becoming a Dues-Paying Member of the ORG…Click >>>>>HERE<<<<< for more info…………****DONATIONS**** can also be made toward MGO's Legal Defense Fund and/or MGO's Forums >>>>>HERE<<<<<

Firearms Legal Protection

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Quote Originally Posted by wizzi01 View Post
    You have a chance to loosen the barrel extension with those
    I have not, but they make one that is specifically designed for you situation. It’s a bit pricey at $175.

MGO Member
    Quote Originally Posted by G550 View Post
    I have not, but they make one that is specifically designed for you situation. It’s a bit pricey at $175.
    Not my situation. I have read where people have had their barrel extensions come loose using reaction rods and the like.

MGO Member
    Did you try soaking it in water? They may have used rocksett on it. That is what happened on my Beowulf upper. It took three days before I could get it off.

I am a Forum User
    isnt 80 ft lbs the high end of the torque ?

Quote Originally Posted by Shooter McNasty View Post
    isnt 80 ft lbs the high end of the torque ?
    I have never seen it written that way.

It has always been XX ft-lbs (a minimum number), plus enough to line up the holes for the gas tube.

Life Member, NRA, Lapeer County Sportsmen's Club Disclaimer: I Am Not A Lawyer. Opinions expressed are not representative of any organization to which I may belong, and are solely mine. Any natural person or legal entity reading this post accepts all responsibility for any actions undertaken by that person or entity, based upon what they perceived was contained in this post, and shall hold harmless this poster, his antecedents, and descendants, in perpetuity.

I am a Forum User
    Quote Originally Posted by Roundballer View Post
    I have never seen it written that way.

It has always been XX ft-lbs (a minimum number), plus enough to line up the holes for the gas tube.
    I was taught take the nut to 30 ft lbs and line up the holes but dont go over 80 Ft lbs. that and dont bee shy with the never sieze

Quote Originally Posted by Shooter McNasty View Post
    I was taught take the nut to 30 ft lbs and line up the holes but dont go over 80 Ft lbs. that and dont bee shy with the never sieze
    That makes more sense. But still, 80 ft-lbs is not that much, it is the typical value for an automotive/LT truck lug nut.

Life Member, NRA, Lapeer County Sportsmen's Club Disclaimer: I Am Not A Lawyer. Opinions expressed are not representative of any organization to which I may belong, and are solely mine. Any natural person or legal entity reading this post accepts all responsibility for any actions undertaken by that person or entity, based upon what they perceived was contained in this post, and shall hold harmless this poster, his antecedents, and descendants, in perpetuity.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12