Welcome to MGO's Internet Discussion Forums…Please Consider Becoming a Dues-Paying Member of the ORG…Click >>>>>HERE<<<<< for more info…………****DONATIONS**** can also be made toward MGO's Legal Defense Fund and/or MGO's Forums >>>>>HERE<<<<<

KROGER

Thread: Sig P320 x5

Sig P320 x5

Anyone have something to say about the Sig p320 x5 legion?
    ΥΣΜΧ SEMPER FIDELIS !

LIFE MEMBER OF THE WORLD'S LARGEST FRATERNITY

71 AND COUNTING

I am a Forum User
    Quote Originally Posted by DEVIL DOG View Post
    Anyone have something to say
    It's a ripoff and the bore axis is SKY HIGH for a striker fired gun. The 320 is to be avoided IMHO.

Anyone else ? My BIL is about to make a big mistake buying one of these. Good LOOKING pistol, but the price is way out of line for the LEGION name. Also heard the finish is not too durable.
    ΥΣΜΧ SEMPER FIDELIS !

71 AND COUNTING

I am a Forum User
    I bought a P320 X5 used for a very good price. However the trigger is heavy and about 6 to 7 lbs.. I hated the trigger but loved everything else about the gun. And the bore axis theory is over exaggerated. if you use a proper grip and the right load and spring combination, the bore axis is not a big of a concern.. Anyways, because I bought it used for a good price, i invested in a gray gun competition trigger for $129 and after I installed the kit (which is all in the frame and nothing in the slide) I ended up with a sweet 2.8 lb competition trigger. Now the gun races with extreme accuracy and ease to control and shoot. I could afford the trigger upgrade because the price was very reasonable.

The Legion X5 are reported to have a slightly heavier frame because of the injected tungsten which I do not know how much it adds to the control because the X5 already has a weight insert piece in the grip and it is relatively heavier than most polymer guns. I am afraid that the tungsten injections might thwart the weight of the gun outside the IDPA legal range making the gun limited to certain shooting sports only. Now that said, I am sure that the Legion will have a trigger similar to the one by Gray Guns in the 2.8 lb range which can be obtained for around $129. It also has a steel guide rod with a 1911 spring (12 lb) that could be bought for $30 from Gray guns as well.. So basically one can buy a used good condition X5 for a reasonable price and add $160 for a customized competition trigger and a steel guide rod for recoil spring tunability and you will be in par with a Legion (except for the frame weight).

I use mine in steel competitions and IDPA and I have a very nice load for it in 147 gr. the whole setup is probably half the price of the legion. I would advise him to wait, buy a used X5 and do the upgrades at ease.. The X5 is really the king of all polymers, I prefer it over my G34..

I am a Forum User
    Quote Originally Posted by JimSig View Post
    I bought a P320 X5 used for a very good price. However the trigger is heavy and about 6 to 7 lbs.. I hated the trigger but loved everything else about the gun. And the bore axis theory is over exaggerated. if you use a proper grip and the right load and spring combination, the bore axis is not a big of a concern.. Anyways, because I bought it used for a good price, i invested in a gray gun competition trigger for $129 and after I installed the kit (which is all in the frame and nothing in the slide) I ended up with a sweet 2.8 lb competition trigger. Now the gun races with extreme accuracy and ease to control and shoot. I could afford the trigger upgrade because the price was very reasonable.

The Legion X5 are reported to have a slightly heavier frame because of the injected tungsten which I do not know how much it adds to the control because the X5 already has a weight insert piece in the grip and it is relatively heavier than most polymer guns. I am afraid that the tungsten injections might thwart the weight of the gun outside the IDPA legal range making the gun limited to certain shooting sports only. Now that said, I am sure that the Legion will have a trigger similar to the one by Gray Guns in the 2.8 lb range which can be obtained for around $129. It also has a steel guide rod with a 1911 spring (12 lb) that could be bought for $30 from Gray guns as well.. So basically one can buy a used good condition X5 for a reasonable price and add $160 for a customized competition trigger and a steel guide rod for recoil spring tunability and you will be in par with a Legion (except for the frame weight).

I use mine in steel competitions and IDPA and I have a very nice load for it in 147 gr. the whole setup is probably half the price of the legion. I would advise him to wait, buy a used X5 and do the upgrades at ease.. The X5 is really the king of all polymers, I prefer it over my G34..
    The other point made here ^^^. If your BIL isn't a competitive shooter, he really has no need for an X5 anyways.

I am a Forum User
    Quote Originally Posted by dwcopple View Post
    The other point made here ^^^. If your BIL isn't a competitive shooter, he really has no need for an X5 anyways.
    LOL.. That's a very true statement.. Agree

Well, this post is now moot. He ordered it. He is NOT a competitive shooter. Just has the SIGNESS.
    ΥΣΜΧ SEMPER FIDELIS !

71 AND COUNTING

I am a Forum User
    Well, this post is now moot. He ordered it. He is NOT a competitive shooter. Just has the SIGNESS.
    There is nothing wrong with that.. you live once.. let him enjoy it..

I am a Forum User
    Here is an opportunity for him to shoot it .. Let him check Steel Challenge at WCRHC (Wayne County Raccoon Hunters Club).. Check the web site for the steel challenge schedules..

MGO Member Forum User
    It's pretty but all I can say I'll use it for is more of a display weapon in my glass coffee table.